PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Gloat

Dave Bureau
05-09-2008, 8:20 PM
Just picked up a 3hp sawstop on CL. Brand new in the crate with 52" fence and extention table. $2840. i cought it about 1/2 hour after it was posted. The guy said he bought it not realizing he couldn't get 220 out to his shop. I wasn't going to argue with him. He is going to buy the contractors saw. I'm goint to put a jointech or incra fence on it. I have a jointech on my Delta and like it alot. Oh ya, I will be selling the Delta and jointech fence.
Dave

Don Bullock
05-09-2008, 8:35 PM
WOW!!!:eek: Congratulations Dave. You're going to love your new SS.:D

34 days to go.:D:D:D

Greg Cuetara
05-09-2008, 9:26 PM
no pictures....didn't happen....just kidding
I am very jealous right now. Where did you get the saw from? A guy in NH? Which cl should I be looking at every day?

Greg

Jim Becker
05-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Talk about stepping in it... :D Very nice! Congratulations. And yes, we DO expect pictures when you have it in-hand, as it were.... ;)

Steve Flavin001
05-09-2008, 11:18 PM
but if he just bought it, did he have receipts? :( :p

Dave Bureau
05-10-2008, 7:39 AM
but if he just bought it, did he have receipts? :( :p
He bought it from Woodcraft back in december. The crate was shipped to him in CT. Photos will come but got to get the other one out first.

Steve Flavin001
05-10-2008, 3:11 PM
on Craig's List do not stand up to much scrutiny through no fault of Craig. Craig's List is the poster child for caveat emptor.

Don Abele
05-10-2008, 3:21 PM
Dave, congratulations. I got to fondle a SS at the NE Woodworkers Expo last week. It's an awesome machine. Very well built and equipped. You can tell a lot of thought went into the overall design. The brake is the icing on the cake. It's amazing how fast it fires. I was also surprised that it's loud but so quick you don't have a chance to even flinch.

Again congrats.

Be well,

Doc

Dave Bureau
05-10-2008, 9:56 PM
Dave, congratulations. I got to fondle a SS at the NE Woodworkers Expo last week. It's an awesome machine. Very well built and equipped. You can tell a lot of thought went into the overall design. The brake is the icing on the cake. It's amazing how fast it fires. I was also surprised that it's loud but so quick you don't have a chance to even flinch.

Again congrats.

Be well,

Doc
I saw it at the show also. almost bought one there. I'm glad i waited.:D

Ted Baca
05-10-2008, 11:50 PM
You are gonna love this saw I love mine and the 3HP is more than enough power for any home shop. Saving money on a SS is like Gold at Silver prices. Enjoy

Joe Mioux
05-11-2008, 12:00 AM
The honorable thing to have done was to show the poor guy how he could bet 220 into his garage. (well???....hmmmm.........)

joe

also the honorable, for a certain name brand woodworking store, to do would be to stop screwing around, get off their butts and start yelling at a certain trucking company because I am already 2 weeks behind the promised delivery date of a certain saw!!!!!