PDA

View Full Version : interactive website

James Aldrich
05-09-2008, 1:35 PM
Does anyone know of a CorelDraw program that can be ran off of a website by a customer. Say you sell custom signs or name plates. The customer could design it on your website (chose graphics, type in text, position and size to the way they want it) then when they hit send or submit, the file would be sent to you in a format and size ready to engrave.
Jim

Jack Harper
05-09-2008, 5:33 PM
Google I believe offers a graphics web program and Adobe just launched a version of Photoshop Elements for the web.

Bill Jermyn
05-11-2008, 9:44 PM
I've been looking into somewhat of the same thing, but what I was thinking of was to have some java code for the customer to do the design. I believe there is some code for java that will export a graphic in eps format that I could import into Coreldraw, but I'm certainly no expert in this area.

Doug Griffith
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm a web programmer and have done similar to what you are looking for. This is no easy task. Unless you host your own site, I doubt your host will run graphics software for you.

This is how I would do it:
1) interface in an embedded Flash component
2) on submit, image is saved as a PDF using Perl or Cold Fusion
3) image is automatically sent via FTP to local drive's directory
4) PDFs are then converted to EPS and imported into Corel

If you don't require vector, there is a powerful image manipulation tool called imagemagick. You will still need an interface and serious programming skills to work with it. Not all hosts have it installed.