PDA

View Full Version : Playing around on my website

Clint Lauricella
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Hello all,
I posted about 1/2 year ago but just recently returned from downrange and am able to post again!

My wife and I have a laser business in N. Carolina and I work at Ft. Bragg. About 90% of our business is military units and we were trying to develop ways to let people know they can customize a plaque. Most people have a hard time designing their own plaque and getting them to tell us ideas is like pulling teeth!

I'm toying with the idea of expanding this and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea.

Link is here:

http://www.americanetchworks.com/testbed/

Only works in I.E. for now. If I think it is worthwhile I'll expand it to Firefox.

*Waves hello* and I'll be more active here from now on. This is a great place and I've been impressed with the quality and friendliness of the people here!

Clint Lauricella

Craig Hogarth
05-09-2008, 1:00 PM
Very cool. I've always hated doing business over phone or email. This would be a great addition to almost any engraving website.

BTW, I never use IE, this is the first time in probably 6 months I've opened it. I think it's becoming more popular than IE with the younger generation and those who spend more time on the internet.

Mike Null
05-09-2008, 1:28 PM
Clint

Welcome back. I think you have a great idea.

BTW, those 4 seals ar a no-no. The military and DOD are very cooperative about using their various insignias but the seals are another matter.

If you should need some help gathering military art just holler, we'll all come running.

Clint Lauricella
05-09-2008, 2:01 PM
Clint

Welcome back. I think you have a great idea.

BTW, those 4 seals ar a no-no. The military and DOD are very cooperative about using their various insignias but the seals are another matter.

If you should need some help gathering military art just holler, we'll all come running.

Hi Mike,

I've run this past the military legal department already. These plaques are for military members only and what's on my site are just placeholders for testing. I'm prob. going to password protect that portion of the site and require military accounts. General public won't see it.