PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block

Art kraft
05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been visiting forums and reading about all the great work done out there for some time. I finally decided to join one. I have been making segmented vases for 24 yrs. My favorite is large and simple. I am thinking of doing some fancy geometric rings for fun. Hope to hear from some of you in the future.
If any one is interested I can send file of my favorite ones, 49" tall 19.25 Dia
Art

curtis rosche
05-09-2008, 11:40 AM
welcome to oour vortex, hope you have some fun with the rest of us, just remember, when you post, post pics too,. looking forward to see some of your work.:)

Bill Bolen
05-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Welcome aboard Art! Would love to see you post some pics of your work! With 24 years of turn'in I'll lay money that they are beauts. Pics or no, pull up a chair and talk to us!..Bill..

Steve Schlumpf
05-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Art - Welcome to the Creek! Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Dick Strauss
05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Welcome Art!
Hopefully you will be inspired by the works of Malcomn Tibbetts and many other great turners that frequent this site.

Bernie Weishapl
05-09-2008, 1:12 PM
Welcome to Creek Art. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Bruce Pennell
05-09-2008, 1:21 PM
Welcome Art, I' am sure you'll be able to teach us old dogs some new tricks. Bruce:D

Jim Becker
05-09-2008, 3:19 PM
Welcome to SMC, Art!

There is a very nice instructional at the top of the Forum Technical Support forum relative to posting pictures...we hope to see some of your work! ;)

Bill Wyko
05-09-2008, 7:42 PM
Welcome Art. I've only been doing segmenting for a little more than a year but I love it. I'd like some pics please, Thanks.

robert hainstock
05-09-2008, 7:52 PM
I hope you enjoy hte creek as much as I so. make happy shavings!:D
Bob

Art kraft
05-09-2008, 8:58 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I tried to get pics but they were sooo small. If you go to www.artkraftwoodproducts.com you can see two big vases. Hope to be posting some new work by mid June. I will try to get good pics with the help I found on a post. Like I said big and simple. I could fit in side one of them. I am looking forward to establishing a good relationship with many of you. It will take time to get to know you all. And yes I have learned a few tricks but I'm sure most of you have done so also. I would be happy to answer any question I can. I have three production lathes and an old pre 1929 Southbend metal lathe I converted to manual. I put riser blocks with high speed thrust bearings and can swing 22" x 65". Maybe I can get pics up on lathe post.