PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Gloat (with pic)

Graham Skinner
05-08-2008, 10:39 PM
High Guys.

I came in from work today, and my Wife asked if I wanted to have the plane I had been looking at for my Birthday.
I was in the car and off to the Lee Valley store, faster than a ferret down a rabbits hole.
So here it is, a Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane ( I have been drooling over this one for a few months, and at last I have one :))

Anyway Thanks for Looking. regards Graham.

Danny Thompson
05-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Is it against the TOS to say, "I hate you?"

Congrats.

gary Zimmel
05-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Congrats on the shoulder plane. Whens the first test drive...

And Happy Birthday..

Mark Stutz
05-08-2008, 11:13 PM
High Guys.

I was in the car and off to the Lee Valley store,

That's a great plane, and certainly worthy of a gloat, but GETTING IN YOUR CAR to go is an even bigger one!

Graham Skinner
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks gary, Im building a work bench at the moment, so I will be useing it for the first time at the week end.

Thanks again...Graham

Graham Skinner
05-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Yep, I get a very nice buzz when I can go to Lee Valley, I have a store about 20 minutes away, wish I could go more than two or three time a year, but my wallet just is not fat enough for more than that. (but when I do get there I make sure I get what I realy want)

thanks...Graham...

Brian Kent
05-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Wonderful plane. Congratulations. I look forward to seeing how it works for you once your bench is up and running.

Brian

Jim Koepke
05-09-2008, 3:48 AM
Nice.

Maybe my wife can be convinced to get me one for my birthday.

jim

Jim Becker
05-09-2008, 8:18 AM
Ah....very nice gloat!!! Handy little thing, too...even this "tailed-woodworker" finds all kinds of great opportunities to use it!

Greg Cole
05-09-2008, 8:42 AM
Nice addition! Even better when its a gift from LOYL.
I love mine.

Greg

Ethan Sincox
05-09-2008, 10:16 AM
So is the gloat the shoulder plane? Or is it the fact that you live within driving distance of a Lee Valley store?

Either way, I'm jealous. (I love Lee Valley, but I hate those shipping charges...)

John Revilla
05-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Congrats on the plane. The mere fact that you live close to a Lee Valley store is a worthy gloat by itself. I never wanted a Lee Valley store near me (there is a Rockler 3 miles away). The temptation these 2 stores can bring will be irresistible, I might sell my house! Godspeed.

Graham Skinner
05-09-2008, 5:33 PM
[quote=John Revilla;848277]Congrats on the plane. The mere fact that you live close to a Lee Valley store is a worthy gloat by itself.

To be honest John, I live in North York (Toronto area of Ontario) and there are THREE Lee Valley stores in this area, but I just go to the one that is nearest to me, that is not meant as a triple gloat:eek:, because although I love my tripps to Lee Valley, I do wish I had more choises of stores, like Rockler or Grizzly to name a couple and you guys down in the USA get some great deals on your wood working machines.

Thanks for posting, Regards..Graham..

Ted Jay
05-09-2008, 6:54 PM
So is the gloat the shoulder plane? Or is it the fact that you live within driving distance of a Lee Valley store?

Either way, I'm jealous. (I love Lee Valley, but I hate those shipping charges...)

This is the GLOAT:
Wife asked if I wanted to have the plane...

Isn't that enough?
So, when is her birthday coming up?... PLAN AHEAD:D

Henk Marais
05-12-2008, 2:46 AM
Nice one Graham.

I used mine exstensively on Maple this past weekend. So sweet and I could not stop playing with those paper thin slithers.

Enjoy working with it.

Danny Thompson
05-12-2008, 10:30 PM
May be the mother of all gloats. It's only 1700 mi. round trip to the closest LV from here!