PDA

View Full Version : Slipped onto the green slope this morning...Gloat

Dave MacArthur
05-08-2008, 5:02 PM
Well, this morning while checking CraigsList, I decided to type in "Festool" and see the same blank screen I've seen for a year... but NO! There it was, CT33E and Rotex sander, used 5 hours...

I had a firm date with my wife for a 11:00 infant swim lesson, so I jumped in the car while putting my shoes on and splashing a travel mug of coffee around, and drove 40 miles across Phoenix to see the goods and make it back in time to stay in SWMBO good graces... after all, she was helping push me down the slope! She was sneezing this morning with some dust allergies, first time in 4 years, and RIGHT THEN I found the perfect solution on CL! "HONEEEEY! This machine collects all dust and is the uber allergy remedy in the world! It's a vacuum baby! Yeah, for cleaning up the HOUSE (and shop) and stuff! Ok, I'm on the way, this will be a great Anniversary Present for you hey? Nothing's as important as your health, any sacrifice!"

I ended up getting an almost new CT33E Hepa, Rotex 150-ermm... sander, and two stacks of about 300 discs. Also two systainers.
$475
Woot! Glad I passed on that CTmini...

The hose isn't that cloth-looking one, it's a black and green plastic one...not sure if it's anti static, but I'd guess not. What do folks think about getting that other hose (if there is one).?

Eric DeSilva
05-08-2008, 5:14 PM
Congrats! BTW, the hose that came w/my CT22 was a black and green plastic thing and it is anti-static...

Chris Padilla
05-08-2008, 5:17 PM
Nice buy...ditto on the green/black hose being anti-static. Welcome to the slope...it ony gets better (worse?) from here on out! :D

Peter Quinn
05-08-2008, 7:04 PM
Was that thing stolen? Did the guy have on a trench coat?

Nice find. Almost never see anyone wiling to sell a festool they own.

Jesse Cloud
05-08-2008, 7:10 PM
Great gloat and some fast action, too! Welcome to the slope! Now you'll need a router and a saw that connects to that vac.

Bill Wyko
05-08-2008, 7:26 PM
Now you have a big problem, Once you slip down you'll keep on slipping farther. Congradulations, that's a fantastic deal. With the price increase, you got everything for less than the vac by over 100 bucks.

Bruce Pennell
05-08-2008, 7:44 PM
Great score Dave that $475 Vac and sander probably cost you around 4k, its just the start of your addiction.....Great Haul and welcome to the Festool world. Enjoy Bruce:D
P.S. isn't CL great...

Jim Becker
05-08-2008, 7:54 PM
Slip-slidin' away....slip slidin' away...

Rich Konopka
05-09-2008, 3:47 PM
Congrats on your good find. I slipped over about a month ago before the price increases. I am awaiting my new MFT/3 which is due any day. :D

J. Z. Guest
05-09-2008, 3:51 PM
Was that thing stolen? Did the guy have on a trench coat?

Nice find. Almost never see anyone wiling to sell a festool they own.

Except maybe the guys with a $10,000 credit card balance full of Festools and an angry wife. :D

James Hart
05-09-2008, 4:55 PM
Dave,

That guy still hasn't taken the listing down. His phone is ringing off the hook. I just called him and he said 'some guy from Suprise insisted on coming over right away...' I asked if his name was Dave. He wondered how I knew that.
I figured I'd go out on the Creek and look for your gloat so I could tell you that you suck.

Jim