PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee Workshop Web Cam?

Wes Billups
05-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I was just wondering if anybody here knows when they will begin taping next seasons New Yankee Workshop.

Thanks,
Wes

Jim Becker
05-08-2008, 2:48 PM
Should be soon as they started in early May last year. Nothing is posted on the web site (http://www.newyankee.com/yankeecam.php) yet, however.

Ben Cadotte
05-08-2008, 2:56 PM
I just went through one of the slide shows. I don't know if I could be part of the crew. Seems like there is alot of standing / sitting around while Norm works. That would drive me nuts. Every now and then they will film a scene. Then more waiting until Norm is up to the next step. I am no workaholic, actually a bit lazy (things I am not interested in doing). But sitting and waiting while he works would drive me bonkers.

Mike SoRelle
05-08-2008, 3:02 PM
I just went through one of the slide shows. I don't know if I could be part of the crew. Seems like there is alot of standing / sitting around while Norm works. That would drive me nuts. Every now and then they will film a scene. Then more waiting until Norm is up to the next step. I am no workaholic, actually a bit lazy (things I am not interested in doing). But sitting and waiting while he works would drive me bonkers.

Though you could pass the time by saying 'but David Marks does that a different way' until you got thrown out of the shop/off the crew

Mike

Jim O'Dell
05-08-2008, 4:11 PM
Should be soon as they started in early May last year. Nothing is posted on the web site (http://www.newyankee.com/yankeecam.php) yet, however.

Norm has talked about "retiring", I hope this isn't a sign that it is now. Jim.

Greg Hines, MD
05-08-2008, 4:15 PM
Though you could pass the time by saying 'but David Marks does that a different way' until you got thrown out of the shop/off the crew

Mike

If that is all you want, set your lunch down on the unisaw!!

Doc

Bob Knodel
05-08-2008, 4:16 PM

Mike

Too funny:D

Greg Hines, MD
05-08-2008, 4:21 PM
Norm has talked about "retiring", I hope this isn't a sign that it is now. Jim.

According to the website, they say to check back as season 21 starts filming, so I do not think that he is going anywhere yet.

Doc

Jim O'Dell
05-08-2008, 5:16 PM
That's good, Doc. I remember a recent interview where he talked about retiring and either working on his house he built, or that he and his wife were going to build a house. He looked very tired in the interview, but that may be the schedule he keeps. Thanks for the update! Jim.

Phil Thien
05-08-2008, 7:30 PM
I remember a recent interview where he talked about retiring and either working on his house he built, or that he and his wife were going to build a house. He looked very tired in the interview, but that may be the schedule he keeps. Thanks for the update! Jim.

Let's hope it was just a trick to get a pay raise.

I still like watching the guy. His age doesn't matter to me. As long as he wants to work in front of a camera, I'll keep watching.