PDA

View Full Version : Another Mustard

Ron Ainge
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
I thought that I would get on and so my best to spread the mustard. It arrived Tuesday 5/6/08 but I was not able to get in put together until last night because I went to a club meeting to recruit help to get the head and the bed in to my now Studio (was Shop before). We got it set up last night and I got the biggest blank the I had and it is now a bowl. It was so much fun to see the size of curls coming off the bowl and how hard that I could push the tools with out coming close to stalling the laathe. All I need now is some one to clean up the mess that I can now make.

I know I know, no picuters no proof. My wife took the camera to California this week so I will post some pics when she gets back

Bruce Pennell
05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Ron your making my mouth water. Just talked to the factory, mine was shipped out of Tenn. two days ago. Can't wait....enjoy your new toy,turn, turn, turn.....Congret's Bruce:D

Jim Becker
05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Ron, you need a camera dedicated to your shop...it's a tool, too! Priorities, you know... LOL (Congrats on your new lathe)

Steve Schlumpf
05-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Congrats! Looking forward to the photos!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Congrats Ron! You'll do it justice I know!

Jeff Wright
05-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Great news Ron!

I received and set up my new PM last week and have not used it yet! No turning tools!! :(

I just received some handle-less turning tools from Mr. Thompson yesterday (I can't turn handles since these don't have handles!!). I should receive some new Sorby tools (with handles) and some Kelton handles for the Thompson tools tomorrow. So I should see some chips by the weekend. :)

Ron Ainge
05-08-2008, 1:26 PM
Thanks to all of you that have replied. I guess now that I the high dollar tools I will have to change for a shop to a studio. Does that mean I can get more for the turning that I do now???:rolleyes:

Bernie Weishapl
05-08-2008, 6:01 PM
Congrats Ron. Can't wait to see pictures.

Dennis Peacock
05-08-2008, 7:39 PM
Congrats Ron..!!!! We'll leave it at this until you post some "proof" pics. ;)

Dick Strauss
05-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Ron,
Congrats on the new PM!!!:D:):cool: I'm sure you are going to enjoy it for years to come.

All of these tales of new mustard had me dreaming about finding my own mustard at an unbelieveably low price last night (though it required lots of work). I must have mustard envy or something...;)