PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 font question

Deane Shepard
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM
I am trying to produce a logo that requires the use of the "Andalus" font. From searching on the web, there are apparently two "Andalus" fonts. One is an Arabic font which is distributed with some versions of Windows. The other is a variation of a Monotype western font (which is the one I want).

I installed the font through Windows. It shows as a True Type font. If I use Windows Explorer to go to the Windows font directory and double click on it, it opens and shows me the proper font. When I try to use it in Corel, it is greyed out in the font list and when selecting it anyway, it produces rectangles for characters.

When looking at it in Font Navigator 2006, it shows the proper font as being installed. I can use Powerpoint, VISIO, or my email client and I get the correct font. For some reason though, Corel X3 is just not seeing it.

Has anyone seen a problem like this or know what it means when Corel greys out the font name?

Thanks for any ideas, I'm stumped.

Deane

Mike Null
05-07-2008, 11:09 PM
If you have Font Navigator installed have you included this font in the catalog and have you moved it to the active file. (the font drop down within Corel)