PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse NY?

Wade Lippman
05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I have to go there tomorrow. Any not to be missed lumber yards or anything like that?
I picked up a bunch of stuff from Oneida last time, but don't need any more.

scott spencer
05-08-2008, 7:03 AM
Hi Wade - There's a tool dealer called Syracuse Industrial Sales that you might want to visit. Never been there so I can't speak from first hand experience but they carry or carried the General line.

Syracuse Industrial Sales
1850 Le Moyne Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13208
Tel: (800) 536-4962

There was a place outside of Syracuse/Oneida I was going to call once upon a time for lumber...dunno the name or the address, but I had a phone # from a PM on another forum. It was a "good stuff cheap" kinda discussion from about two years ago. (315)-363-1979 or 315-363-6151 ask for Jim Good luck!

Gary Ratajczak
05-08-2008, 7:52 AM
Lakeshore Hardwoods is just a short ride north on 81 - a GREAT stop. They are a small operation - specialize in cherry, but have a great selection. Very good prices!!

Lakeshore Hardwoods
266 Manwaring Road
Pulaski, NY 13142 (http://track.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_Track/track.dll?;H_H=1752946124&H_I=&H_U=114061&H_E=391&H_HSGOTO=MQ02&address=266+Manwaring+Road&city=Pulaski&stateProvince=NY&postalCode=13142&country=US&name=Lakeshore+Hardwoods)

Greg Robinson
05-08-2008, 5:03 PM
Another vote for Lakeshore Hardwood. One of my favorite hardwood dealers. Their Cherry is some on the best I've seen. Anytime I'm in that area I make it a point to stop there...Greg

Fred Voorhees
05-08-2008, 5:08 PM
Man I never associated Syracuse with lumber.....only my annual trek up there to the fairgrounds for the annual Super DIRT Week and the pilgrammage of thousands for the dirt track racing on the mile in October. Been doing it for....oh.....around thirty years now.:D

Wade Lippman
05-08-2008, 6:19 PM
Lakeshore Hardwoods is just a short ride north on 81 - a GREAT stop. They are a small operation - specialize in cherry, but have a great selection. Very good prices!!

I am building a cherry china cabinet right now; primarily to use up all the cherry I have bought at auctions the last couple years.

I have used about 150bf, but needed 10 more. I went to Lakeshore. It is a neat place, and I figure I saved about $25 on the cherry, which will pay for the gas. I also bought a piece of curly maple for turning blocks; if that is as nice as it looks (I haven't planed it yet), then the trip was worthwhile.

I have never seen wood sold that way, in precut lengths; but since I wanted a bunch of short pieces, it worked out perfectly.

thanks for the suggestion