PDA

View Full Version : Did you put an auxillary fence on your Incra x000 miter guage?

Matt Meiser
05-07-2008, 9:56 PM
I have the 1000SE and really like it. But due to my new/old Unisaw having the top reground, the miter bar needs to be cut 0.040" thinner and is over ad my dad's waiting for him do mill it. So I pulled out the ancient stock gauge that came with the saw, spent a few minutes aligning it and added an auxiliary fence made from a piece of MDF. As an afterthought I made it stick out so I would cut it on the first cut. I really like the anti-chipout feature and really easy alignment that little modification gives.

But, I can't figure out how to do it on my Incra without loosing the stop, which I also really like. Anyone here added one that you can post pictures of?

Andy Howard
05-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Matt,

The incra has the ability to do this. I have done it to mine, but unfortunately I am not at home to take pics of it for you. I have the 1000se also, and it came with instructions on how to add a sacrificial fence. The only thing you should be concerned about is that it needs to be 3/4" thick, and it can not be taller than the original alluminum fence if you want to use the flip stop. The flip stop has the capacity to be moved 3/4" further out from the fence. It is kinda hard to describe, but once you look at your flip stop you will see that it has two tracks and you just more the flip to the track that is further out and it will work with a sacrificial fence.

Maybe this quote from their manual will help......

"Expanded Clamping Mode

The two part body design of the Incra Flip Stop allows for the use of a 3⁄4" wooden
subfence. The subfence can be used to provide tear out control as well as support
for your workpiece up to and beyond the blade. To expand the Incra Flip Shop Stop,
loosen the two socket head screws located on the top of the stop body, then slide
the upper portion of the stop off. Now slide the upper portion back on, capturing the
rectangular nuts in the second T-slot located on the lower portion of the stop body,"

http://www.incra.com/manuals/flip_shopstop_manual.pdf

Hope this helps.

Andy

Matt Meiser
05-07-2008, 10:31 PM
:o Guess I should read those instructions. :o