PDA

View Full Version : Now Here's a Neat Link...

Ben Gastfriend
05-07-2008, 7:51 PM
I just found this about a half an hour ago! It's a website with links to literally hundreds of turner websites... I clicked on quite a few with the hopes to gain some inspiration for new forms and embelishments. Prepare to be amazed...

http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Crafts/Woodcraft/Woodturning/Artisan_Portfolios/

Bernie Weishapl
05-07-2008, 8:05 PM
Great site Ben. Thanks.

Bruce Pennell
05-07-2008, 8:51 PM
Thanks Ben now I'll never have time to turn, just read. Great site....Thanks Bruce

tim mathis
05-07-2008, 9:25 PM
good find Ben thanks. tim

Robert McGowen
05-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi Ben,

Things might have changed a lot, but DMOZ is a search engine run by actual humans. This was at least true about 8 or 9 years ago, as I did this with a website. You submit your website and basically they approve it and enter it into the appropriate category. They even came back with a couple of questions about the site before approving it. It took quite a while before I showed up in their search engine. Once you are in the DMOZ files though, it seems that all of the other big search engines will pick you up from there. Within a couple of weeks, I could find my site on most any search engine. They do have quite a list of woodturning sites though. You can look for hours for ideas.

robert hainstock
05-08-2008, 8:23 AM
Great site Ben, as mentioned above, we need more time in our day. There are some awesome works on the net to veiw. Thanks!:)
Bob

Jeff Bower
05-08-2008, 2:43 PM
Thanks Ben....I just spent 45 minutes looking at other turning sites....almost forgot about a conference call I had.....yeah thanks alot!
:D:p

Glenn Hodges
05-08-2008, 3:45 PM
Good gracious, I will spend some good time looking through these, thanks.

Ben Gastfriend
05-10-2008, 9:50 PM
Sorry, Jeff!

Don Orr
05-13-2008, 3:36 PM
Just what I need, ANOTHER turning site to spend time on. I hardly have any time to turn as it is !:eek::D;)

One of these days I'm going to post some of my work just to prove I actually can turn.:eek:

(Cool site really.)

Ben Gastfriend
05-13-2008, 6:04 PM
One of these days I'm going to post some of my work just to prove I actually can turn.:eek:

Better get on it! You know the fella's here... no pictures... no turner.
And you just pointed it out yourself!

Bernie Weishapl
05-13-2008, 6:10 PM
Ben how did you make that list of turners????:eek::cool::rolleyes: