PDA

View Full Version : Add Your Story

Reed Wells
05-07-2008, 7:10 PM
My brother was over yesterday to pick up some 8/4 Pine I had for him and he made the comment he had a Unisaw exactly like mine. We had a good laugh and loaded his truck so he could get back to his shop. After, I got to thinking how he came to have that new Unisaw given to him and thought you all would get a kick out of it. About fifteen years ago when I decided to give up home building for furniture building I decided I would need a bigger, better, monster saw, for anything above the Craftsman contractor I had was a monster. I ordered a Unisaw from one of our larger woodworking suppliers (no names). I was told they were in stock and would be shipped in a couple of days. I will shorten this up a little bit. Six weeks and twenty phone calls later I was assured it had left and I would be seeing it soon. Hallelujah!, two days later it came. All the parts were there in good shape and in great working order. Now I was ready to do some serious dust. Well I get home from work the very next day and much to my surprise, there in front of my shop is another brand new Unisaw waiting to be uncrated. Grrrrr. So I call and try to explain to a very "understanding" lady that I now have two saws and have only paid for one. "No sir" she explained to me, "the second box contains the fence". I told her I would open the box and take a look. Hmmm, call back, different person, tell story, definitely another Unisaw. Please pick it up, it's in the way. Sorry, we have no record of a second saw being shipped. So I am frustrated and a little perturbed, but I try one more time. I called teck support and asked who the warehouse manager was, then called back and was connected to him. I explained again that I had two saws and what did they want to do? He asked me to hold the line for just a minute so that his boss could handle it. Well sir after five minutes this guy comes on the phone and tells me that he is the owner and that he wanted to apologize for the runaround I had been getting. Then he blows my mind by saying that he wanted me to keep the saw if I could use it. That is how my brother came to have a new saw. And because of the concern of the owner, I have since spent many thousands of dollars with his company.

Ben Grunow
05-07-2008, 7:47 PM
I had the same experience with a 42" rear pro TV about 5 years ago. The store was closing and they didnt care so neither did I.

Matt Meiser
05-07-2008, 9:20 PM
Happened to me with a 14" VGA monitor when I was in college. They sent a refurb that was the wrong model. That's back when VGA monitors were pricey.

Then several weeks ago I called Price Pfister (owned by our good friends at Black and Decker) about a leak in our faucet. They were supposed to 2nd day a replacement to me since the leak was coming from the body. After the 3rd day I called back--no record of the shipment and now there is a steady stream of drips so they had me go to Home Depot and buy any PF faucet I wanted, then call them back, they sent the same model, and I returned the replacement. This is apparently their backup plan. So now we've got a faucet almost twice as expensive because they said any and that was the only one we liked. Then about three weeks later I get a package from them with the originally ordered faucet. So I call back again and the woman can't understand--impossible she says. Finally I get perturbed and ask for someone who can understand me. I gave the supervisor an earful about being told I was wrong when I knew I was right. They decided I should just keep it.