PDA

View Full Version : Need Black Marble supplier in North East

Jackie McGowan
05-07-2008, 9:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have started doing Business with a couple of local Funeral Homes for 6" x 6" Memorial Tiles. I am currently using lasersketch marble but would like to find a supplier for hard black marble in my area so I can get it faster and maybe save on shipping (I am 60 miles north of NYC). I have cutting capabilities so 12" x 12" tiles would be fine. I tryed M S International in NJ cause I heard here on the forum that they have it, but getting info from them is like pulling teeth. They asked for my business info (which is understandable for wholesale) so I faxed it but have yet to here from them, they said I need to open an account before they give me info (pricing/minimums). Anyway does anyone know of any place in NY,PA or CT? I'm looking for wholesale or retail. Any help would be apprciated.
Thanks

Dean Rose
05-07-2008, 9:53 AM
Jackie, Try vytec in Fitchburg Ma. They have absolute black marble and granite.
http://www.vytekdirect.com/

Jackie McGowan
05-07-2008, 6:23 PM
Thanks Dean.

Tim Baude
05-07-2008, 8:17 PM
Jackie,
What do they have you put on the tiles and what do you charge per? I am in Maine, and I am always looking for a new outlet for my engraving. Do the basics, but would love to get into a market that no one else has and this might be it. Hate to say it, but funeral homes will always stay in business. Hope to hear from you.
Thanks
Tim

Luke Phillips
05-07-2008, 9:00 PM
Jackie - you might take a look at www.stonelocator.com (http://www.stonelocator.com). They are located in VA and carry a "radient black" marble tile from China. Vytek gets their stone from China. I've not been too impressed with the quality lately and the shipping charges are high.

Jackie McGowan
05-07-2008, 9:07 PM
Tim,
I first did a mailing with two samples each to 6 local funeral homes. One of the samples was a 6" x 6" memorial marble tile , The second was a 6" x 12" granite tile (selling as a temporary grave marker) see photos attached. I did this because I thought if they saw the actual item it would sell itself. I included a flyer explaining both and promised 48 hr delivery so they can have displayed at a viewing. 6" photo memorial $40.00 and 6" x 12" granite (no photo) $30.00. I made a binder for each funeral home interested showing what borders/fonts were available (sort of like a chinese menu) and other info they needed to know regarding photos and such. Out of the 6 so far two were interested and are sending me orders regularly for the photo memorials, no orders yet for the "temporary grave marker" though. I beleive both funeral homes are reselling them even though they could be given away as good will gifts. I have no idea what they are reselling for.

Luke Phillips
05-08-2008, 7:19 AM
Jackie - excellent work! Very nice indeed. I think most will agree that you're not charging enough for your efforts. The funeral homes are probably marking these WAY up! Take a look at www.custommarkersandmonuments.com (http://www.custommarkersandmonuments.com) I use these are they are really cool. I also hand color plaques for inside display and are well received.

Jackie McGowan
05-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Luke, those are really cool! Thanks for sharing everyone.