PDA

View Full Version : LSU Graduation Gift

Bobby McCarley
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
My daughter in law wanted me to make a pen and box for her brother who is graduating from LSU with a MBA. And this is what I come up with. The pen is a cigar made of dyed box elder burl from AS and the box is purpleheart and yellowheart. Both were engraved and she was very pleased with them.

robert hainstock
05-06-2008, 3:12 PM
love the beading, and LSU colors though I'd prefer maize and gold.
Nice work.:D
Bob

Ben Gastfriend
05-06-2008, 4:26 PM
Seriously nice pen, and box. The engraving is really cool, as is the bandaid inlay:D:):D

Geoff Hanha
05-06-2008, 4:27 PM
Hi i don't really say much about pens as lots of them seam to be much the same, and maybe i don,t get much from turning them, that said this is rather nice the colours are great go together the box as well shame it hurt its self though:rolleyes: but i do like it, i hope it is well treasured. question the writting on the box and pen, was it done buy yourself or someone eles, was it lasered. Dam nice pen, hope the box recovers:D Geoff

Bobby McCarley
05-06-2008, 8:40 PM
Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated.

Geoff, the box is recovering nicely:D. I take anything I want engraved to a trophy business near me and they laser engrave it.

Bobby
Louisiana

Steven DeMars
05-06-2008, 8:53 PM
My daughter in law wanted me to make a pen and box for her brother who is graduating from LSU with a MBA. And this is what I come up with. The pen is a cigar made of dyed box elder burl from AS and the box is purpleheart and yellowheart. Both were engraved and she was very pleased with them.

That is one very nice looking pen . . . . and box . . . .

Just curious, what part of Louisiana are you in? Near me? I have been looking for turners in the area . . . Have not had much luck . . .

Anyway, I must say again . . . . VERY NICE PEN ! ! ! !:o

Bernie Weishapl
05-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Good looking pen and box. He is going to like that.