PDA

View Full Version : NY to Florida Woodworking stops

Lloyd Brown
04-04-2004, 5:22 PM
The end of may I will be driving to Orlando. Is there and cool places around Orlando that a woodworker should see? The trip down is limited, I have LOML and in-laws on-board so stoping will be limited.

Terre Hooks
04-05-2004, 11:49 AM
I assume you will be coming down I-75.

I highly suggest a stop at Highland Hardware, which is about a 10 minute detour off of I-75/I-85 around the Tenth & Fourteenth Street Exit. I spelled the names of the streets out, because that is how they are on the Interstate signs and if you are looking quickly for 10th or 14th St Exits, you will miss the exit.

There is a pizza place directly across the street from HH, which has good food. There are a few more eating places near.

Well worth the trip to venture off of the Interstate if you are a woodworker.

Joe Scarfo
04-05-2004, 3:51 PM
The end of may I will be driving to Orlando. Is there and cool places around Orlando that a woodworker should see? The trip down is limited, I have LOML and in-laws on-board so stoping will be limited.

The best place I know of in Orl is the Woodcraft store which is kind of on the northern side of town. You will find their nbr in the phone book or on their web site of woodcraft.com

If you coming through Tenn and Atlanta there are a few places who specialize in refurb gear. The guys in Atlanta is Redmonds. I forget the name of the Tenn guys. They're on the web and can be found by searching for refurbished Jet/Powermatic gear. I've purchased from both of them and they were good experiences.

Joe in Tampa.

Carl Eyman
04-05-2004, 5:19 PM
If my route passed within 100 miles of Williamsburg VA a giant magnet would kick in and drag me right into the Hays Cabinet Shop at Colonial Williamsburg. Yep it would drag me, wife, in-laws and all right in. But I think they'd enjoy it too.

Ted Shrader
04-05-2004, 9:25 PM
If my route passed within 100 miles of Williamsburg VA a giant magnet would kick in and drag me right into the Hays Cabinet Shop at Colonial Williamsburg. Yep it would drag me, wife, in-laws and all right in. But I think they'd enjoy it too.

Lloyd -

Gotta go with Carl on this one. That was my first thought when I read your post. Maybe on the way back. You could always drop the ladies at the outlet malls and head over to Colonial Williamsburg.

Have a safe trip.

Regards,
Ted