PDA

View Full Version : Vacation and Grizzly

Dave Lehnert
05-05-2008, 7:50 PM
OK! Vacation will soon be here and would like to find my way to a Grizzly showroom (tools,tool's, tool's LOL!!!!) I live in Cincinnati so I am right in between the two showrooms. What trip could I plan that would just happen, by accident, take me (or us) close to Grizzly?

scott spencer
05-05-2008, 8:22 PM
Ever been to Philly?

There's a decent shopping mall a couple hundred yards from the Muncy, PA showroom that should give anyone in your vacation party who's not a tool buff something to keep them occupied for a few hours while you drool over the green tools. :D

Peter Quinn
05-05-2008, 8:28 PM
Oh Canada, oh Canada.....

Keith Burns
05-05-2008, 8:29 PM
Branson, MO. Lots to do, shows, shopping, etc. Grizzly store in Springfield about 45 minutes away.

Gary Lange
05-05-2008, 8:41 PM
I would vote for Branson also. Lots of great shows at reasonable prices. Some nice outlet Malls to shop in. Great Restaurants beautiful lakes for sight seeing or fishing if you like to fish. It is a great family place that will make everyone happy and allow you time to browse Grizzly Showroom and Bass Pro Shop in Springfield is a great place to browse also.

Lewis DeJoseph
05-05-2008, 8:58 PM
There is alot to do here in Pa, Phily, Hershey, Knobles, Dorney Park, King of Prussa shoping, Gettysburg, Camping, Hiking, Fishing etc...

PS I'll be making the trip to Grizzly myself in a week or two.

Have fun!

Lewis

Rick Moyer
05-05-2008, 9:06 PM
The Muncy,PA tent sale is Sat May 17th if that helps.

Luther Oswalt
05-05-2008, 9:11 PM
Dave - I have only visited one Grizzly and it was at Muncy, PA and on that trip I also went by Wilke Machine in York, PA., Wilke no longer sells equipment but it sure was nice to visit both places ... Grizzly is so big and so much equipment ... nice folks! You will enjoy your visit ...
Leo

Dave Lehnert
05-05-2008, 9:24 PM
Thank!

Is one showroom better than the other?

Doug Jones from Oregon
05-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Go west young man, go west...all the way to the ocean.... Bellingham, WA is where ya wanta be! What a trip.

Brian Ross
05-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Been to all three and Bellingham is obviously the smallest with the other two being close to equal. Was on the west coast a month ago and took a trip from Vancouver to Bellingham for the sole purpose of visiting the Grizzly Store. It was a Sat. morning and They are closed on Saturdays. Hard to figure that one out. The only consilation was that I had stopped at the Springfield store on the drive out.

Brian

Doug Jones from Oregon
05-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Brian....but you got to see more of the Pacific NW....the green is greener, the air clean, the mountains.....on and on and on.

I don't get the closed Saturday thing either....

Tim Johnson
05-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Gas has got to be cheaper going west than east. I'd opt for the Springfield store. Bass Pro is very close, Branson has a lot to offer without the fear of getting lost constantly. In route, St Louis has the arch, a great zoo that is FREE, and if timed properly a great chance to see a MLB game.

Mike Cornelsen
05-09-2008, 8:29 AM
and south of Springfield, on the way to Branson, Lambert's Cafe, home of the throwed roll. Serious pig-out!

Gary Lange
05-09-2008, 9:11 AM
Good ol Lambert's!!! I have been there several times since I live about 15min. from it. You can't beat the Home Cookin. This area is a great place to visit and has a lot to enjoy. Branson for the shows and Springfield for Grizzly and Bass Pro Shop.

Eric Larsen
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Another vote for Bellingham. The Pac-NW in the summer is one of the prettiest parts of the whole US. And I'd much rather be in Washington in the Summer than Missouri from a temperature standpoint.

Vancouver is a short drive away, as is Seattle.

You get it all -- tools, wood, seafood, the ocean, MLB, microbrew...

Now *I* want to go on vacation. Maybe I'll drive to Santa Rosa and pester David Marks about his Tung Oil formula. ;-)

Barry Reade
05-10-2008, 2:48 PM
Was in Branson last fall for a reunion and went to Springfield to the Big Grizzly store. Branson was nice but I felt is was over hyped.

I guess you need to see which location floats your boat more for your family

Kevin Godshall
05-11-2008, 8:52 PM
Muncy Pa, right off of I180, right next to Gander Mountain and the mall (for the Mrs).

Williamsport is right up the road: Little League World Series + Museum. Little Schrader Creek not too far with excellent trout fishing. On the way home head a bit north to see the PA Grand Canyon, ride bikes for free on the Rails to Trails system (over 70 miles). Watch for local elk herds in the same vicinity.

Think about it.......... do all of this for free, and use all your saved money to spend at Grizz......... the Muncy site has em all beat

Tom Cullom JR.
05-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Just a side note if you go to the grizz showroom in Mo. Bass Pro is not far from it. Its worth looking around even if your not that big into the out doors.