PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole a 6" jointer today

Matt Meiser
05-03-2008, 7:33 PM
I'm currently kicking myself for not grabbing this on the spot. We were in one of our local stores that carries a fair amount of woodworking equipment last night. I always check out their clearance area which usually includes some reconditioned stuff and discontinued stuff. This time there was a Delta X5 6" jointer, reconditioned, still in the boxes. The one Amazon currently has for $629 new. I noticed the clearance tag had a number of prices crossed off. The latest--$119. I went back today, but someone smarter than me grabbed it in the mean time.

Chris Padilla
05-03-2008, 9:01 PM
Did you inquire around about it? Could have been mislabeled? It just might make you feel better or confirm your worst fears! ;)

Josiah Bartlett
05-04-2008, 1:23 AM
Just tell yourself that it was dropped as a child, the castings are warped, the motor is burnt out, and the knives don't fit in the slots. Whoever bought it was a scrap dealer and it will end up in a Kia engine block next month.

At least that's what I did when I missed a 30" Fay Egan band saw for $300 on Craig's.

J. Z. Guest
05-04-2008, 8:38 AM
But don't you already have a jointer Matt? Those things are a little heavy to buy just to re-sell them...

Matt Meiser
05-04-2008, 10:16 AM
But don't you already have a jointer Matt? Those things are a little heavy to buy just to re-sell them...

That's what I was actually considering doing if it was still there. I figured I could give someone a steal at $250-ish and make a few bucks.

scott spencer
05-04-2008, 10:29 AM
No harm, no foul, but..... :eek: :rolleyes:

;)

God must have wanted that other person to have it....wasn't your time. :)

Brian Kent
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Just tell yourself that it was dropped as a child, the castings are warped, the motor is burnt out, and the knives don't fit in the slots. Whoever bought it was a scrap dealer and it will end up in a Kia engine block next month.

The Kia comment is very funny and way too true. A friend bought the smallest 1999 Kia sedan - new - for his daughter as she went away to college. They replaced the engine twice the first year. Including the original, three engines in one year:eek:!