PDA

View Full Version : Should I keep this tool or return it?

Alex Elias
05-03-2008, 6:03 PM
I just got a Senco Pro 35 16g finish nailer to instal 200 feet of base board. I already own a 15g Porter cable with a straight mag. I can't see a significant difference on the nails. I like the gun but I don't know if it justify to have two very similar guns.
I like to know your imput about the 2 guns.
Thanks for the feed back.
Alex

Steve Flavin001
05-03-2008, 7:01 PM
or even 18 gauge in some cases depending on the wood stock. I feel the 15 gauge is indeed a little too big, leaves to big a head mark and on ocassion is too difficult to remove if needed - but then I doubt you ever make mistakes needing removal :rolleyes: . Keep it.

By the way - if you are in Palmdale, I assume that photo of the ocean in your avitar must be the Salton Sea ;) :confused: ?

Jim Becker
05-03-2008, 10:08 PM
I used my 15 gage angle nailer today to install baseboard and door trim. (and the 18 gage brad gun where appropriate on the door trim) My addition GC's guys use a 16 gage Pasalode for trim work with an 18 gage Pasalode when the smaller fastener makes sense. If you already have a 15 gage gun, the 16 gage is going to be somewhat redundant as you are finding out. Especially if this is not going to be a constant work situation for you. IMHO, of course.

Karl Brogger
05-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I like the angle gun for getting into corners and the like. I use one for all my box assembly. Carcass, stretchers/spreaders/nailers, face frames. The hold well enough, and done rim out like pin nails do.

Dewey Torres
05-03-2008, 10:10 PM
I agree with Jim... return it and spend the money elsewhere:)
Dewey

Ben Cadotte
05-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I have a 15ga angled for house finish work. Straight 16, 18, and 23ga for woodworking projects in the shop. I only keep longer nails for the 15 and 16 ga guns. The 18 and 23 I use for the shorter stuff. Since I switch back and forth from renovations and woodworking for fun. They all get quite a bit of use. I probably use the 23ga pinner the least.

Von Bickley
05-04-2008, 9:34 AM
I use a 15 gauge angle PC for baseboard & door trim. I don't have a need for a 16 gauge nailer.....