PDA

View Full Version : Gloat!!!!

Rob Littleton
04-03-2004, 6:13 PM
My wonderful wife decided that I needed a thank you gift today so off to the tool sho she took me. I went to "look" at the Jet lathes and other tools and as we were leaving, she said get the lathe.....I was slightly taken a back but she only needed to tell me once. When I got to the checkout, a Super Nova was waiting for me.

Dang, I love this women.....

I come to find out as we are driving home, that it is my thank you gift for quitting drinking. April 21st is my first year and she is so proud of the fact that I could do it, she felt the family wanted to so thank you.

I brought it home and put it straight in the trailer (in the box and everything) to be shipped to the new house. I cant even open it and play with it but I can when we get to the new place.

I am very proud of this tool as it means so much to my wife and kids of the memories of the past year without alcohol.

Thanks for reading.

Praise God.....without Him, I might not be here to tell you this.

Jim Becker
04-03-2004, 6:32 PM
Congratulations, Rob. And you do, indeed, have a wonderful partner in life. I am also bless with someone that is very supportive of my "mental health activity" and it's wonderful.:)

And welcome to the "new addiction"!! One that is actually good for you...:D

Mark Singer
04-03-2004, 7:14 PM
Great!!! Enjoy the new toy! Congradulations on staying clean

Ron Jones near Indy
04-03-2004, 7:40 PM
Rob,

Great to have a reason to celebrate--not drinking. :)
Great family to join in your celebration. :D
Great tool. :cool:

Keep it up!

Todd Burch
04-03-2004, 8:07 PM
The real gloat here is being drink free for a year! Lathe smathe!!!

Todd

Tom Peterson
04-03-2004, 8:59 PM
Fantastic reward, and a great story. I think most of us here, have good women behind us that support this "good habit". Great work on staying straight.

John Miliunas
04-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Way to go, Rob! Congrats on all three counts (non-drinking, new lathe and great wife/family)! :D Aw heck, the lathe's a LOT more fun, anyway. :cool:

Michael Ballent
04-04-2004, 12:11 AM
Congrats on being liquor free for one year!!! That's GREAT :D Start turning some goodies and make sure that you post them after you are done.

Congrats!!
Michael

Andy London
04-04-2004, 6:17 AM
Congradulations on both accomplishments, actually three as it sounds like you too have anexcellent spouse.

As Becker stated this is a healthy addiction ;) Mine started a couple of weeks ago, I keep finding myself in the turning section at LV and looking for Burls as I drive down the roads...geeze... :rolleyes:

Have a Great Weekend and the new toy is loads of fun!

Andy

Mike Scoggins
04-04-2004, 8:14 AM
Praise God.....without Him, I might not be here to tell you this.Rob,

You're exactly right: "Praise God." I'm so glad to hear He's given you the strength to stay clean. Fight the good fight!

And, congratulations! Let the many hours of enjoyment you're sure to receive on the lathe be a constant reminder of His grace in giving you the strength and a suppotive family.

Mike

Randy Moore
04-04-2004, 9:07 AM
Rob. you have done a remarkable thing in no drinking. I quit 9 years ago. I still want a beer but know that I can't have one. I lost over 100 POUNDS after I quit drinking. I FEEL A WHOLE LOT BETTER>

Sounds like you got a wonderful wife and I would keep her.
congradulations on all three counts.

Randy

Ken Fitzgerald
04-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Rob.....major gloats on all things.....especially the supportive spouse! Enjoy all!

Charles McKinley
04-04-2004, 12:25 PM
HI Rob,

Great news on all fronts. Post pics when you get to the new shop. Keep us posted. Having a great wife is an wonderful asset in life.

Enjoy!

Mark Stutz
04-04-2004, 2:28 PM
Rob,
Kudos on all three gloats! The lathemay be the least important of the three! If you are like me, you'll now start seeing bowls in every other tree you drive by!

Tom Sweeney
04-04-2004, 2:41 PM
on all 4 counts the lathe, the wonderful supportive family, quitting drinking & realizing that God is why you are here to tell us about it. You deserve a reward - so does your wonderful Wife - Don't forget to turn her something great as a thank you once you get the new toy unpacked. :cool: