PDA

View Full Version : Pomona Woodworking Show

Brian Kent
05-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Is anybody heading over to the show today or tomorrow? I'd love to meet somebody from the creek and say hello if you are there.

Brian

Sam Layton
05-03-2008, 1:17 PM
Hi Brian,

I went to the show yesterday. It is not a big show. However, I had a good time. I was there from opening to closing.

I would of liked to have met you. I am in Glendora, Ca, not far from you.

Sam

Brian Kent
05-03-2008, 1:22 PM
Aside from the temptations to buy things, were there any interesting demos of woodworking techniques and skills?

Don Bullock
05-04-2008, 1:49 PM
I had planned on going, but instead I'm taking care of a new litter of puppies and getting a few things done on our new house. Besides, with all the costs involved with the house I won't be buying any major woodworking equipment for a while.

Jim O'Dell
05-04-2008, 1:52 PM
Ok, Don...we need pictures of said puppies, or we won't believe you weren't at the show!! :) Jim.

Ellen Benkin
05-04-2008, 4:54 PM
I was there Friday. It is a smaller show than in previous years, but my favorite vendor (Lee Valley) was there so I was pleased. There were lots of people in attendance, but it was not crowded. Yes, there were demos, but I didn't stop to watch any so I can't review them. I am hoping the new owners get their act together for next year because I really enjoy these shows.

Sam Layton
05-04-2008, 8:04 PM
Brian, did you make it? There were a few demos. However, I did not really watch much. I purchased a new drill and impact driver, thats about it.

Sam

Don Bullock
05-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok, Don...we need pictures of said puppies, or we won't believe you weren't at the show!! :) Jim.

Here you go Jim.:D
One week old basset hound puppies.

Momma and all four puppies are doing well.

Brian Kent
05-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes, I went for about 3-4 hours on Saturday. I bought nothing but coffee and french fries.

I did see a really nice workshop by Roland Johnson of Fine Woodworking on hand planes.

I loved the Lee Valley and Lie Nielsen booths. I was very surprised how much I liked the low angle block plane with Ball Tail and nob. I felt and worked just right.

I was also surprised that no one was around the Forrest Woodworker II booth and no one was at the Jool Tool booth ogling the sharpening lady.