PDA

View Full Version : Finally scored some K bodies on clearance!!

Doug Littlejohn
04-02-2004, 9:10 PM
Went by HD and there they were with nice yellow tags. $25 for 24 in, and so on. 24" was the best deal, at $10 (33%) off with the rest just being 6-8$ off.

The best part was that there actually were still some in stock for me tog et!!. Yes, that's right. I have missed out on each and every other time they were clearing them out, either HD or Sears. But not this time!

Scored 4 of the 24's which will go nicely with my 4 40's.

Anyway, check out your HD, you might find some.

Sherwood

Martin Shupe
04-02-2004, 10:42 PM
After missing out on the previous Bessey buys, and all but one of the Jorgy deals (which I wish now I had missed completely, after breaking two with very little use) I finally got some, too. Picked up some 24's and a couple 31's.

Since I had been away on business for several days, I couldn't remember exactly which sizes and how many I had at home. I knew I had an odd number of one size (which is sure to cause a disturbance in the universe). When I got home I found out it was the largest size (50"?). I don't think I need another one that big.

I went to a couple of Home Depot's in the Ft. Worth area. Prices were all the same. $25 for 24's, $30 for 31's. The smaller clamps seemed hardest to find. They seemed to have more 50's but, like I said, they are a little awkward. I didn't think I needed any 40's, but, when I got home, I found I only had two. Hmm, may have to go back to HD again this weekend...

Jeff Cybulski
04-02-2004, 10:56 PM
I've been waiting as well and today was the day. Stopped on the way home and was able to score 4 of the 40's for $33ea. There were no 24's, 4-48's and I left 1 40 at the store in Owasso ( for you Tulsa guys)
Now it's time to build that clamp rack I've been wanting...

Jeff

Gilbert Vega
04-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Went by HD and there they were with nice yellow tags. $25 for 24 in, and so on. 24" was the best deal, at $10 (33%) off with the rest just being 6-8$ off.

The best part was that there actually were still some in stock for me tog et!!. Yes, that's right. I have missed out on each and every other time they were clearing them out, either HD or Sears. But not this time!

Scored 4 of the 24's which will go nicely with my 4 40's.

Anyway, check out your HD, you might find some.

Sherwood

I've been waiting for the clamps to go on sale for awhile so finally they're on sale. I wanted 8 of the 31" and 8 of the 24" but ended up with only two of the 31's and all 8 of the 24's. Total so far is 12 K body and 16 jorgy's. Now to send in the $20 & $7 rebate to American Clamp that I got with the X5 purchase. :)

Mark Angle
04-04-2004, 1:33 PM
Picked up 4 at Roanoke, VA last night. LOML with me so I couldn't buy all of them. They had several left.

Doug Jones
04-04-2004, 5:02 PM
Just went to the HD here in Crawfordsville, and they also have the K-body clamps on sale. Looks as if they are clearing out all the Bessey clamps and replacing with Jorgy clamps.

Pete Harbin
04-04-2004, 5:21 PM
I scored a couple years ago with the big HD sale...12 40" at $17.00 each and 6 50" at $19.00 each. I've been working with these larger clamps for some time, so it was nice to finally pick up some of the shorter ones without paying full price. I picked up 5 of the 24" and 2 of the 31". I haven't visited all the HDs in Albuquerque (I'm not looking to clean them out) so there are probably still plenty to be had here in the Duke City. I'll probably swing by another HD sometime this week to add one more 24" and a couple more 31".

I picked up a new 5 HP, 33 gal Craftsman compressor and brad nailer last week. The tool fairy has been very good to me recently. I bought the horizontal model, as I'd like to build a new workbench this summer, and store the compressor below the bench for easy access whiole assembling.

Back to watching the Stars whoop up on the Blackhawks. Watch out Avalanche, you're next!

Go Stars!

Pete

Sam Chambers
04-04-2004, 9:44 PM
I went by my local HD on the way home from church this morning, and...

Good news: They had plenty of K-bodies.

Bad news: No yellow tags.

I was looking for a couple of 24", and they had a price tag of $25 on them. Is that their usual price, or is that the sale price?

Jim Becker
04-04-2004, 10:47 PM
II was looking for a couple of 24", and they had a price tag of $25 on them. Is that their usual price, or is that the sale price?

24" K-Bodies normally sell for about $32 each...so twenty five bucks is a good deal in my book.

Gilbert Vega
04-05-2004, 9:19 PM
I went by my local HD on the way home from church this morning, and...

Good news: They had plenty of K-bodies.

Bad news: No yellow tags.

I was looking for a couple of 24", and they had a price tag of $25 on them. Is that their usual price, or is that the sale price?

That IS the sale price. They are normally $34.95 at the nearby HD.

Sam Chambers
04-05-2004, 11:52 PM
That IS the sale price. They are normally $34.95 at the nearby HD.

Jim, Gilbert...Thanks! I didn't make it by the local Borg today, but I will go tomorrow at lunch.

Dibs on the stock at my local HD. No fair getting there ahead of me!