PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh NC--anything I shouldn't miss????

mark page
05-01-2008, 5:31 PM
I may be doing a two week business visit to Raleigh NC soon. Anything out there that I shouldn't miss??? I don't know the actual time yet, so anything that's "stopwatch affected" may not be feasible. I lived in VA Beach area for six years so the upper areas have already been covered, although it has been a number of years ago. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also do not know how much "daytime free-time" that I will have to sight see other than weekends. TIA.

Brent Ring
05-01-2008, 5:41 PM
There is a place out there that make great bandsaw blades at a decent price. Check with the local woodcraft out there when you arrive. They will give you the right address. The gentleman I spoke to said they were using lennox stock for their blades - $10-12 bucks for a 95" for my saw.

Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, and NS State campuses are all close and very picturesque.

Durham Stadium is there, if you are a movie/minor league baseball fan!

Art Mulder
05-01-2008, 7:18 PM
I may be doing a two week business visit to Raleigh NC soon. Anything out there that I shouldn't miss???

Duke has a really nice garden (http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/) that is free (I think) to tour. Has a lot of different plants, nice restful walkways, etc. I was there briefly in December visiting a friend.

Gary Whitt
05-02-2008, 6:40 PM
I wouldn't miss the flight back out! :D :D

The capital building is pretty cool.

mark page
05-02-2008, 9:36 PM
Gary,

From the lack of responses that I got, I'm beginning to think yours is the most valuable.:D