PDA

View Full Version : New here at Sawmill Creek

Blaine Rueckwald
05-01-2008, 5:05 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I recognize a few names from other places I have visited but there are tons of new names and faces here too so I'll be looking forward to learning from you all. I've been wood working for over 30 years but strictly as an amateur. Almost all the stuff I build is used as furnishings in our own home or those of relatives. I enjoy building small tables and cabinets but have also recently delved more into box-making. The second last project I did was a solid cherry cradle for my new grandson which I'll show as a quick introduction piece.

Blaine

Rob Russell
05-01-2008, 5:08 PM
Blaine,

Welcome to SMC! Nice looking cradle.

Rob

Glenn Clabo
05-01-2008, 5:12 PM
Welcome to SMC. You heard about the picture requirement, eh? Nice cradle!

Roy Wall
05-01-2008, 5:21 PM
Blaine -

Nice cradle........very nice!! Welcome to the group!!

Brent Ring
05-01-2008, 5:21 PM
Nice Job there! Do you have plans for that cradle? I will have to be considering one of those in the future and its nice to collect plans for them.

Bill Wyko
05-01-2008, 5:24 PM
Welcome Blaine and nice job on the cradle.

Richard M. Wolfe
05-01-2008, 5:41 PM
Hi Blaine. Welcome to SMC from north central Texas. Nice looking workmanship.

Greg Hines, MD
05-01-2008, 5:57 PM
Welcome to the creek.

Doc

Blaine Rueckwald
05-01-2008, 6:36 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the nice comments on the cradle.. Brent, sorry- no plans, I tend to find a bunch of pictures and take elements that I like from each and then it's just a couple of rough sketches for joinery and overall dimensions.

Blaine

Peter Quadarella
05-01-2008, 6:49 PM
Awesome, it's great to have someone with your experience join the party :).

Bruce Page
05-01-2008, 7:33 PM
Welcome Blaine. Beautiful cradle!

gary Zimmel
05-01-2008, 7:58 PM
Blaine

Welcome to the creek! And also nice job on the cradle.

Brent Smith
05-01-2008, 9:44 PM
Hi Blaine,

Welcome to the Creek!! You'll see more than a few names you'll recognize here.

Jim Becker
05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Welcome, Blaine! Nice work, too...

Greg Ware
05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Welcome Blain. Nice work on the cradle. I guess this means I get promoted from "newby" to "rookie", or is that woodie?

Greg

John Thompson
05-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Very nice work, Blaine. You approach building as I do it seems. Haven't used a plan in 36 years as visuals of what I want to do get transferred to a note-pad. You will never a duplicate that way. Someone may copy the design.. but it won't quite be a duplicate.

Keep up the outstanding work...

Sarge..

Ken Shoemaker
05-02-2008, 9:42 AM
Blaine, Gald to have ya'. Welcome aboard!! Well Done... Especially, when your grandson hands the cradle down to his grandson.... Nice work

J. Z. Guest
05-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Welcome Blaine!

The cradle is beautiful. Did you make the lamp in the background too?

Blaine Rueckwald
05-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome Blaine!

The cradle is beautiful. Did you make the lamp in the background too?

Thank you for the cradle comments. Funny, I was asked the question about the lamp on another forum too but no I didn't make the lamp. My BIL did. He hasn't been woodworking quite as long as I have but he is a quick study and makes nice stuff. I believe he used plans form Wood Magazine.

Blaine

Mack Cameron
05-02-2008, 2:25 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the nice comments on the cradle.. Brent, sorry- no plans, I tend to find a bunch of pictures and take elements that I like from each and then it's just a couple of rough sketches for joinery and overall dimensions.

BlaineHey there Blaine; Are you the Blaine from Kitchener? Thought so, couldn't mistake that face, never knew the last name!:) I'll put it in my book for posterity.

Hope to catch you back on the other side soon.

Nice cradle, by the way, but I think I told you that somewhere else once.

Blaine Rueckwald
05-02-2008, 3:22 PM
Hey there Blaine; Are you the Blaine from Kitchener? Thought so, couldn't mistake that face, never knew the last name!:) I'll put it in my book for posterity.

Hope to catch you back on the other side soon.

Nice cradle, by the way, but I think I told you that somewhere else once.

Hey Mack

Good to see some of those familiar faces here (you too Brent). I am looking forward to getting back to our old haunt again, just hope too many haven't given up on it.

Blaine

BOB OLINGER
05-02-2008, 6:05 PM
Hey Blaine,

Thanks for the post and picture. Great job on the craddle!!!!

Bob O.