PDA

View Full Version : Performax advice needed

Lloyd McKinlay
05-01-2008, 3:18 PM
I've suddenly been presented with a choice of used drum sanders. The first option is a 22-44, older but a top of the line unit at the time. The other is a much newer 25" Supermax (Jet?). Both were used in a cabinet shop that is downsizing, and both show some wear.

With a $200 difference in asking price which would you choose? And what should I expect to pay for a piece that had moderate commercial use?

Mike Goetzke
05-01-2008, 3:31 PM
I don't mean this to sound silly, but, if you can get them at a good price, buy both and try them out and sell the one you don't want. Maybe even the seller will give you feedback and let you try them out. I have the 16/32 and really like it. To me looks like the 22/44, depending on the condition, would be the better choice if you ever need to sand something over 25".

Mike

NICK BARBOZA
05-01-2008, 3:54 PM
i have the 16/32 and its a great machine. but i rarely use the "32" portion of it. when i upgrade i will get a larger unit that is fixed on both sides. To me either would probably do you well.

Nick

Jim Becker
05-01-2008, 5:50 PM
"Which" 22-44 are you looking at? There are several versions...

Lloyd McKinlay
05-01-2008, 7:08 PM
Pro Max model, apparently from before WMH bought the brand. My impression is they were really solid units but looking for info from those who know far more than I do.

Eric Larsen
05-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I concur with the "buy 'em both" advice. You should have no problem selling off the one that doesn't do it for you. Best of all worlds.

You can PM me when it's time to sell, by the way.... :)