PDA

View Full Version : Home Depots Closing- Stuff Going on Clearence

Tom Saurer
05-01-2008, 3:03 PM
FYI

I saw in the news that several Home Depots are closing, specifically one on Cottage Grove, MN. From what I read, the store will close tomorrow and then reopen with a lot of stuff on clearence.

http://www.startribune.com/business/18446559.html

Rick Hubbard
05-01-2008, 3:18 PM
Yeah, they are doing that here in Bangor, Maine because they are opening at a different location They began a couple of weeks ago with 10%-30% off everthing. Today they are offering 20%-40 % everything (tools and what they call lumber are 20%). All hardware is 40%. I heard that a week before their new store opens everything will be 60%-80% off. I wonder what "treasures" I will lug home when THAT happens?

JohnT Fitzgerald
05-01-2008, 3:20 PM
None in my area......I guess that's both good news and bad news...

Nancy Laird
05-01-2008, 3:40 PM
Be careful with your "clearance" prices. When the Hechinger's in Virginia Beach closed, they closed for a day or so and said they were getting ready for clearance. When went to find stuff at 20-50% off, we looked at the price stickers, and they had bumped UP the prices on the stickers before the stuff went on sale. So you might not be paying 50% off the normal retail price, but 50% off the bumped up price.

Just a small warning.

Pat Germain
05-01-2008, 4:42 PM
^^ That's just like the "sale" they have at Haynes furniture; every week!

Jim O'Dell
05-01-2008, 5:19 PM
None closing in my area either, but 3 years ago, the old HD close to us closed, and reopened at a new spot, and the last 2 days everything was 75% off. I got a partial spool of 10 guage wire that made most of the 220 runs for the shop. I got 4 surface mount spot can lights, and 4 recessed can lights that I use for task lighting, a spool of 16 guage speaker wire, a couple packages of low voltage wiring for accent lighting outside, and several other items. One think I saw is that some people went in the night before and loaded carts with stuff, then came back to buy it the next day. They shouldn't have let that happen. So watch out for that. Maybe ask the day before, but the workers probably won't care. A store that is closing will have a lot of other stuff. They had moved most of the good stuff to the new store here. Jim.

Jim Becker
05-01-2008, 5:24 PM
The specific stores being closed for performance (not to be moved as in Andy's example) are listed in this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24405182/

Looks like WI takes the biggest hit...

Doug Jones from Oregon
05-01-2008, 6:23 PM
When one of our area stores closed a couple of years ago....a 2 block relocation....they purchased all new store fixtures including all of the pallet racking....I made out real good buying the old rack.