PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Remote Control from a Jet DC 1100

Rick Hubbard
05-01-2008, 9:53 AM
When I purchased my Jet DC 1100 Chip Collector, the only one the supplier had in stock was equipped with a remote. I didn’t WANT a remote, but they cut me a deal so I went ahead and bought the machine anyway.

I HATE the remote feature. When I can find the remote control (which seems to be about half the times I look for it) then it seems like there is always something blocking the signal between me and the receiver.

I’d REALLY like to remove the remote receiver and plug the machine into a switched outlet. Even though I might have to walk to where the switch is, at least I know the switch will ALWAYS be in the same place as it was the last time I used it!

So, here is the question: Has anyone here on the forum removed their DC remote, and if so, what is the procedure?

Thanks for the info.

Rick

Mike Goetzke
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
See your PM's.

Mike

Bill Wyko
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I was always loosing my remote so I velcroed it to a place on the wall where I just have to push the button and not remove it. That becomes my (moveable) wall switch.:D

Peter Quinn
05-01-2008, 1:03 PM
I use a long ranger remote that I love. I got a second controller so one stays fixed on a wall, the other winds up where ever I am working. THe long ranger is radio frequency so no problem with needing a direct sight path. The air cleaner is infered and man what a PIA. Who though putting an infered eye on a machine made to collect dust was a good idea?

Rick Hubbard
05-01-2008, 3:04 PM
Who though putting an infered eye on a machine made to collect dust was a good idea?

Right. Whoever thought this up was probably the person who thought it would be a good idea to imprint the bottom of shipping boxes with "other end up".

Brain fades in design notwithstanding, the REAL problem is my work habits. I put things down (like the DC remote, pencils, rulers and squares) then forget where I put them the next time I need them.

As I said before, I will NEVER misplace a wall switch :)

Rick

Tom Veatch
05-01-2008, 6:01 PM
Right. Whoever thought this up was probably the person who thought it would be a good idea to imprint the bottom of shipping boxes with "other end up"....

Or perhaps it was that person who specified that the decal with instructions on the removal of an access panel from the fuselage of an aircraft be applied to the inside of the panel (so as not to detract from the appearance of the aircraft???). Observed with mine own eyes.

Robert foster
05-01-2008, 6:20 PM
Rick:
You could do what I do. I've fastened a clip to the remote which I clip on my pocket or other handy part of my clothing. It's always where I am.

Bob

Rick Thom
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Like anything else, it's a routine.. always put the car keys back where they belong, and you will know where they are.
I've often thought shop aprons would be useful, not only to keep sawdust off your cloths, but to keep the small stuff you routinely use stashed at hand..
pencils, measure, marking knife, tuna sandwich... remote control. Just never seem to get around to it, but I somehow have time to waste looking for things when I misplace them.