PDA

View Full Version : NiMH and NiCad battery charging..help

Dennis Peacock
04-30-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to find a replacement battery for my Panasonic PV-L759 camcorder and all I keep coming up with are NiMH batteries. Can NiMH batteries be charged with the charger that came with my camcorder? The batteries that came with it appear to be NiCad batteries...The number on back of one of them is a PV-BP18(P-V611) Battery Pack. The manual never mentions NiMH batteries at all. I don't want to be forced into buying a charger as I really only need to get a replacement battery. Help!!

Bob Rufener
05-01-2008, 9:23 AM
I don't have a good answer for your question. I have a small charger from Radio Shack that has two settings for NiMh and NiCd. Because of the two settings, I assume that the charger charges them differently. Perhaps someone else has some insight.

I'm not sure if you can interchange the two types in your camcorder. I don't see why not as they should have the same voltage. I don't remember what the charger cost but I use it frequently to recharge recharbeable batteries.

Rod Torgeson
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Dennis.....Here is place that has NiCad batteries for your model(PV-L759) camcorder. http://www.batteries.com/productprofile.asp?appid=413882
Scroll down towards the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.

Rod<---in Appleton, WA

Jason Abel
05-01-2008, 1:00 PM
Go ahead and buy the NiMH. They put a thermostat in them to allow them to be charged on a NiCad charger. We do this same thing with the tool batteries. You will enjoy longer run times with the NiMH and the price is probably pretty close to the NiCad.

Hope this helps.

Jason
MTO Battery