PDA

View Full Version : SMC Newbie-Pro WW Amateur!

Ted Torres
04-30-2008, 7:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

Briefly, been making sawdust for the past 32 years. Over time, have used and collected many "tools of the trade", made some furniture, DIY home construction projects and general "Jack of All Trades...Master of None"!

Have built "2" single car garage shops and outfitted to suit my needs. Until now, the only floor standing power tool I was able to fit was a portable BT3000 TS...worked okay for 10 years and got me by.

After lurking and gathering great information on this site for a recent Cabinet Saw Purchase (C-man 22124), decided to join the SMC Forum. Guess I'll be making more sawdust soon...the 22124 Zipcode TS seems to be a very nice tool for the $$$ (Smooth, quiet, powerful)! Only downside is the exponential growth in the Honey-To Do-List!! :eek:

Anyway, thought I'd just pop in and say... Hello :D!

Ted

Greg Hines, MD
04-30-2008, 7:27 PM
Welcome to the creek.

Doc

Zahid Naqvi
04-30-2008, 7:49 PM
welcome Ted, the creek's flowing and the fishes are swimming. Learn tricks from the faster swimmers and teach the ones who swim slower than you. That's how this community operates mostly.

Bill Wyko
04-30-2008, 7:55 PM
Welcome to the creek family. If you can't find the answer her......there may be no answer to be found.:D Post often and post pictures. Thanks. FYI, if you become a contributor for the mere price of 6 bucks, you will have even more access. Again, welcome.:D

Stephen Edwards
04-30-2008, 9:02 PM
Hey Ted,

Welcome to the Creek. I've been here only a couple of months myself and have learned a lot in a short period of time. What Zahid said is what I like about SMC. It's a place to learn and to teach!

Enjoy!

Ted Torres
05-01-2008, 9:51 AM
To Greg, Zahid, Bill and Steven for the warm welcome! SMC Does appear to be a great place to share and learn from each other's experiences!!

To start, I shared HERE (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=842109#post842109) with Jason's thread (WW accident) and my New Cabinet TS on-line comments are HERE (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00922124000P?keyword=%22Craftsman+Pr ofessional%22&vName=Tools&cName=Bench+Power+Tools&sName=Table+Saws) (Craftsman 22124 Zipcode Saw-Reviewer #33)!

Now I'll keep my mouth shut and read and learn! :)

Ted

J. Z. Guest
05-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Welcome Ted. It sounds like you'll be a wealth of experience for us to tap into.

The tools don't make the woodworker. Lots of nice stuff has been made with portable table saws. It's like having a Toyota Yaris for $14k vs. a Camry V6 for $30k. They'll both do the job, but maybe with a little less struggle and a little more comfort as you spend more.

Victor Stearns
05-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Ted, Welcome to the Creek. My only issue with the purchase of a new tool(s) is that my list is getting much longer than the LOML!!
Keeping making sawdust, It makes everyone think we actually know what we are doing!
Victor

Roger Warford
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome Ted!

Now I'll keep my mouth shut and read and learn!

Don't clam up. I'm one of the "slow" fish. I can learn from EVERYONE! I'm looking forward to posts from you - three decades of experience ain't too shabby! :)