PDA

View Full Version : PC 7518 Dilemma

Mark Rakestraw
04-30-2008, 4:51 PM
Yes, I posted this a while ago....I took your advice and took it in to the service center and told them about bogging down under load and needing a new speed control board. They wound up replacing bearings and brushes instead, saying that was the problem. While it does run better, it still bogs down, so you guys were right and they were wrong. Now I can spend another $95 on this thing. I'm not crazy about giving PC more of my money since of the 7 PC tools I've bought 4 have been junk. But I have the Bench-dog Prolift, which I love, for it so I'm stuck with a 7518. A while back someone considered ripping out the electrical innards and using an after-market speed control. Did you do it?? Did it work??

thanks,
Mark

Dave Sweeney
04-30-2008, 8:49 PM
If they misdiagnosed the problem with your router why should you now have to pay more to have it made right? I'd be all over them to fix it for free!

Alan Trout
04-30-2008, 9:33 PM
I agree with Dave take it back and say the problem was not fixed.

Good Luck

Alan

Wayne Cannon
05-01-2008, 1:21 AM
Most of the lifts for the 7518 have options for other (smaller diameter) routers -- either a bushing-like insert or an alternative clamp piece.

[I like the 7518 very much, but mine has the same problem as yours (and is in a JessEm lift), so I appreciate your bringing it up here.]