PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding Incra Miter Fence

John Revilla
04-30-2008, 4:49 PM
Hello,
I have an Incra 3000se on my left tilt table saw. The Incra was set up on the left-side miter slot, my question is, can I install the miter fence on the miter slot at right side? It seems awkward cutting a miter on the side where the blade is nearer to the operator when tilted. Thanks for your time and wisdom. Godspeed.

John Revilla M.D.

Fred Voorhees
04-30-2008, 7:08 PM
John, I have the 2000 and the fence can be mounted to both the right and left sides of the blade opening. Not sure about the 3000, but I would think that it probably could.

Gerold Griffin
04-30-2008, 7:34 PM
John, I can not tell if it can or cannot be done since I don't own a Incra but if you call 972-242-9975 the folks at Incra should be able to tell you. A guy by the name of Perry was reccomended to me to talk to. I have been thinking about getting one to cut segments for segmented wood turnings but wonder if I would be better off with the 3000 or 1000 and if I should get the sled or better yet if I could build my own. How well do you like that 3000 John, and if you had to do it over again would you still get it or opt for the 1000? Anyone else have any thoughts on this?:confused:

John Revilla
05-01-2008, 2:19 PM
Thanks guys. Gerold, I love my 3000SE for aht it can do. Frankly, it was the first one I saw when I went to my local Rockler hence never had the chance to compare with the 1000. However, the ability to adjust the degree in half degree increment might be a plus. I was thinking of getting the sled too. I regret impulse buying the 3000 and not the 5000. Godspeed.

John Revilla

Mike Goetzke
05-01-2008, 2:35 PM
I have the 1000SE on a left tilt saw. I just automatically applied it to the left miter slot. I was used to making miter cuts on that side especially since I had a BT3K for several years. Later I found that the prefered side for a LT saw is the right miter slot - so ,like you said, you are not beveling the blade into the sled/miter fence. I also found on the Incra site instructions for modifying the gauge for the right slot (www.incra.biz (http://www.incra.biz)).

Mike

Chris Barnett
05-02-2008, 7:16 PM
Have the 3000 INCRA and it is installed on the right side of my left tilt Griz 1093, except when ripping with the Shopfox fence. Works fine until you get the saw into the aluminum extrusion :o, but it costs only 20 or so to get a new one. Thinking though, of getting the extrusion that also has the extension capability so the stop block can be used for equal length but longer cut offs. Had considered this SE feature but decided it was not necessary, and actually, a disadvantage. Live and learn.