PDA

View Full Version : So... how do you spell G*L*O*A*T

NICK BARBOZA
04-30-2008, 3:14 PM
I made the purchase last week and both arrived today!!

SawStop - 3hp 52" fence and mobile base.
Jet 16" planer - 3hp

I have alot of time ahead of me to assemble both of them... these are some beefy machines. it took alot of muscle to get them in the basement..

pics to prove it below.

thanks,
Nick

http://www.nwbwoodworks.com/images/newsaws021.jpg

http://www.nwbwoodworks.com/images/newsaws011.jpg

http://www.nwbwoodworks.com/images/newsaws018.jpg

http://www.nwbwoodworks.com/images/newsaws016.jpg

Thomas Williams
04-30-2008, 3:21 PM
I spell that gloat unless it is at the start of a sentence then it is Gloat:D
However, you have a very impressive haul, congratulations!

Maurice Ungaro
04-30-2008, 3:26 PM
Go forth and make nice things!!

Craig D Peltier
04-30-2008, 3:26 PM
I spell it $ $ $ $ $ and my acronym of SSMMY (send some money my way)
Thats big bucks. Nice tools though. The saw is worth it just for the saftey factor if you can swing it.

Bill Roland
04-30-2008, 3:40 PM
Nice truck! Oh you have a nice GLOAT also.

John Morrison60
04-30-2008, 3:43 PM
Nice tools, good choices.

Why is it that we all spend many threads discussing strengths and costs of different mobile bases, including construction materials and structure, and then we all move these monster machines in with spindly furniture dollies?
I still have my jointer sitting on one.

Chris Padilla
04-30-2008, 3:49 PM
I can't believe you brought those beautiful pieces of equipment into such a dusty environment!! ;) They'll get D*I*R*T*Y!

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-30-2008, 3:55 PM
That's nice.

I really like the mobile base for the planar~!!

Glenn Clabo
04-30-2008, 4:47 PM
So...if you had a bigger truck...would have bought more tools?;)

J. Z. Guest
04-30-2008, 5:15 PM
Congratulations NICK, and here's to many good years of service out of them.

Side Note: I think pick-ups don't make a lot of sense for many of us, (on account of their thirsty fuel economy) but transporting heavy machinery and full size lumber are two of the best reasons. We only have one car now, but I've got a nice little used Toyota pick-up in the back of my mind for when the time comes. ;)

I bet you will revel in the 3 hp glory the first time you need to rip hardwood thicker than 4/4. Hell, you might even look for excuses to do so. :D

Anyhow, that's a big gloat. Do you owe your wife any favors or furniture on account of it?

Shawn Honeychurch
04-30-2008, 5:24 PM
OK, I am fairly new to the creek but I don't get it.

I thought a GLOAT was when you got an awesome deal, like getting the SawStop for 50% off new.

Now don't get me wrong, those are some sweet tools, and are a great addition to the shop. But I would not call that a gloat, maybe a brag, but not a gloat.

Just the way my brain works.

Chris Padilla
04-30-2008, 5:30 PM
Shawn,

You can GLOAT about anything you like and tihs counts in my eyes!

Quesne Ouaques
04-30-2008, 5:31 PM
Excellent choices Nick! Best of luck with both of them!

The SawStop has me green with envy....

Jamie Baalmann
04-30-2008, 5:32 PM
Gloating=bragging....
Nice looking tools hope you never have to try out that blade brake.

Bill Wyko
04-30-2008, 5:39 PM
Uhoh! you dropped it off in the wrong garadge. It was supposed to be in mine.:D Very nice haul. They should all last a lifetime. Congradulations.:D

Mike Heidrick
04-30-2008, 5:40 PM
Did you have a fork truck to get that out of the back. I think you may have exceeded the tuck's bed payload limit!

Congrats!

Don Bullock
04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Nick, that sure looks like a G*L*O*A*T to me. C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!:D:D:D

Johnny Kleso
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Nice Stuff :)

David DeCristoforo
04-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes.. sweet and "gloat-worthy". Not the "best gloat" but a gloat nonetheless. But I hpoe you have some money left for wood......

Brian Keith
05-01-2008, 1:43 AM
Nick, did you get the SawStop locally?

NICK BARBOZA
05-01-2008, 6:43 AM
well thanks guys!

it is dusty. the sawstop wasn't supposed to come in until next week, so i was only expecting the planer yesterday... soooo i was very pleasantly surprised when both arrived.

No "wife" to thank. just an understanding girlfriend who i do owe a few pieces to...

3/4 ton truck still had some capacity left in her.

Pallet lift at the store, No fork truck at home... just a few guys that work for me, who now probably HATE me. (basement shop)

I got them both at Western tool supply in Bangor.

John Keeton
05-01-2008, 6:57 AM
Nick

No wife - now I know how you can afford such luxuries! By chance, no kids, no grandkids??

I don't begrudge having all of the above, but the economics sure get skewed!

Really nice setup, are these culminating events for your shop, or just a sign of things to come?

John Keeton
05-01-2008, 7:00 AM
Should have looked at your homepage before my reply - nice site, and nice shop setup!! Looks like you are doing some really nice work.

NICK BARBOZA
05-01-2008, 7:13 AM
No kids either, and certainly no grandkids... Im only 24, just bought my first house. As some of the guys i work with have said "I've got hammers older than you!!!" Tthese tools are both a culmination and a sign of things to come. these are the first "nice" new tools i have ever been able to buy. And my passion for woodworking has grown a ton in the past 6months-1year. Its all i think about and its what i want to spend all my spare time on.

Also to speak on the quality of the machines. There are a lot of small things on the sawtop that just make sense and it shows that they put alot of thought into it. The assembly went quickly (a buddy and i approx 2.5-3 hrs). No machining issues. i have never bought anything that had a spiral bound, color instruction manual... The only damaged piece i found was the plastic cap on the far right end of the front guide tube. and that cast iron top is just like a mirror. Love it!
The Jet was also well laid out and straight forward, but i do not have that one running yet, i figure i have a few hours of "dialing" it in.