PDA

View Full Version : Rigid TS2410 Help?

James Reichman
04-29-2008, 9:35 AM
Can this saw dado? I will be using it for some light ripping but mainly as a dado saw. I have a slider but would like to set this up in front of that in a shop built cabinet/stand. It will also be able come out of that stand to go on installations. I checked the rigid review. Not much on there. So I was wondering if any creekers could help;)

Lori Kleinberg
04-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes. I just recently replaced this saw, but had no problems doing dado's with it. I used the Freud SD 506 (I think) worked real well and was able to fit the full size dado on it (3/4"??).

James Reichman
04-29-2008, 1:08 PM
thanks, I have some gift cards and the current discount should work well

Brent Ring
04-29-2008, 1:12 PM
Yes - I use the Freud stack set on mine, with a zci and it works great! JUst keep the feed rate appropriate.

Jordan Shatsoff
04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I used a junky 8 inch stack and Freud 6 inch stack and both work great. My only advice is make sure you lock in the blade height. I didn't and my dados were coming out uneven. Turned out the blade was lowering. I never noticed this with a regular 10" blade (which I don't think I ever locked the height on before), so I am guessing the weight + force had something to do with it.