PDA

View Full Version : Hey guess who needs a graphic?

Frank Corker
04-28-2008, 7:18 PM
Had someone asked me if I had this shield shape a couple of days ago, I would have undoubtedly have said yes. Well if I have, I'd be blowed if I can find it on my machine, despite spending 3 hours trawling through my clipart.

I have definitely seen this shaped shield before so I hope someone might have it in their collection. If not I guess I'll have to try and draw it up (shudder).

Thank you!

Peter Meacham
04-28-2008, 7:52 PM
Frank

Is there a surname associated with that shield?

Pete

Pete Simmons
04-28-2008, 7:52 PM
Frank-

I looked thru my Armorial Collection and did not find it.

Sorry I could not help after all you do for us.

Dee Gallo
04-28-2008, 8:42 PM
hey Frank, can you use this? I'm trying to upload the cdr file, but it gets hung up. Will keep trying...

cheers, dee

Dee Gallo
04-28-2008, 8:48 PM
Okay, it took version 10. Didn't like 13 I guess. Those lions were kind of hard to see, you could probably spiff them up to look more correct.

cheers, dee

Skip Weiser
04-28-2008, 10:42 PM
I looked through my Armorial Collection and didn't see it either. Is it English Frank?

Joe Pelonio
04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Never thought I'd see the day. Did anyone look in the Corel 5.0 clipart under crests?

Skip Weiser
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I think it must be the coat of arms of the knights who no longer say NEEE.

Frank Corker
04-29-2008, 3:09 AM
I'm sorry guys I should have said, I have tried the Corel cliparts and AG Amourial and it wasn't in those. I just know that I have seen it before so I was quite disappointed when I didn't find it on the computer.

I'd like to thank Luke Phillips for the files that he has sent me and Dee Gallo for the execellent tracing on the copy above.

As regards the shield, this isn't a family name crest, this is actually one for a masonic lodge, (I'm not a mason by the way although I have worn one trouser leg up on occasions) however I can't find it anywhere else right at this minute. I may be able to get a better copy of it but it is going to be much later in the year.

Thanks very much to everyone for trying for me, I appreciate your help.

Luke Phillips
04-29-2008, 7:38 AM
Frank - this one is Corel Ver 10 file - hope you can open it!

Joe Chritz
04-29-2008, 7:41 AM
I think it must be the coat of arms of the knights who no longer say NEEE.

I had it but tossed it out with all my shrubbery.

At least I am not the only one with a warped sense of humor.

Joe

Dee Gallo
04-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Frank - this one is Corel Ver 10 file - hope you can open it!

AHA! So that's what those lions look like! Boy I sure couldn't see that at all!

Frank Corker
04-29-2008, 12:22 PM
No but I still think you did a cracking job of it none the less. Luke, thanks a million I'm sure I can make that one work. Skip, I did actually get that one, being a Python fan myself.