PDA

View Full Version : fisrt work with pm3520b

Ron Oastler
04-28-2008, 4:07 PM
Well I have my lathe working and tried out the oneway coring system on a large(for me anyway) sugar maple blank that I got with a couple of fellow Kingstonwoodtuners, this was wood that ontario hydro was cutting down. The blanks is 16 1/2" in diametre and I cored out 2 other bowls, the smallest is 8" and the middle one is 12 1/2" . The coring system worked great on the lathe, the extra power was nice to have comapred to my other lathe, I could have made more bowls from this one but it was my first attempt with the system so I decided to error on the side of caution, the wall thickness seems to be very good, the figure in this wood is really nice, they are sealed at the moment, I used the tailstock extender so I would have the safety of the live centre. so far everything is working great, I have a little wobble in the strong hold chuck, I have removed it and cleaned it al but it is still there, John from Woodchucker's is going to replace it so we will see how the new one does, sure is nice having extra bowls rather than a floor covered with shaving, but the shaving are nice to have.:) Ron in Kingston Ontario

Steve Schlumpf
04-28-2008, 4:30 PM
Ron - looks like quite the system you have there! Been thinking about the Oneway Coring system - good to hear that it works great! Beautiful wood - looking forward to seeing the finished bowls!