PDA

View Full Version : Nakashima Tables ( Video )

Dale Osowski
04-28-2008, 2:49 PM
Great video for an up close look, watch in high quality mode. http://youtube.com/watch?v=kYnszOvNwZk

Dale

Ryan Bess
04-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Dale,

Thanks for the link! Every time I see George Nakashima's work - I soon after walk to my wood storage room, stare at slabs, and dream of future projects.

Ryan

Dave Lindgren
04-29-2008, 3:52 AM
Nakashima's work is beautiful. But. The effete young gentleman doing the narration didn't know the the difference between burl and stumpwood. Seems a shame to have someone like that describing a master's work.:mad:

2FO2BB

Jacob Reverb
04-29-2008, 6:28 AM
Back in the '60s, my Dad (who was a woodworker) met Mr. Nakashima when he worked as an engineer in a paper mill just downriver from Nakashima's place. Dad said Nakashima took the time to talk with him and was a really nice man, even though my Dad was a nobody when it came to woodworking, and surely couldn't afford any of Nakashima's stuff.

Some of his stuff I really like and some of it leaves me cold, but he surely had a positive influence on American tastes and sensibilities, that's for sure!

Bill Edwards(2)
04-29-2008, 6:57 AM
I was interested ib the "Butterfly pieces" :p:o

Glen Blanchard
04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Nakashima's work is awesome, but I have to admit that I kept waiting for the brunette babe to get back on the screen. :eek: