PDA

View Full Version : wierd offset now

Bill Morrison
04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I cleaned and tightened everything as suggested and it helped but something still puzzles me. On the top line the K is misaligned and that is just a regular text with black fill. The one below it is just fine, no problems, it was text with red outline and no fill. I added some lines, etc and no problems. The text at the bottom has no problems but instead of black I changed the text to red. The dog wasn’t the best piece of art to use. But what puzzles me is when the text was black it warped but when it was red it was just fine, plus the lines should have not been straight if the text wasn’t. I am going to contact tech support but am not sure what to tell them, the color of text shouldn’t matter but there is a difference.
Thanks all
Bill

Peck Sidara
04-28-2008, 1:13 PM
Bill,

The reason why the top "track" is offset is because something is still slipping or the x-motor is causing the shift. This occurs when you "shift" from a short stroke to a long stroke....Basically when the word track starts engraving, it's only doing the top of the t and k, as it comes down, the laser heads stroke changes from a short distance to a longer distance covering the rest of the letters. This doesn't always apply as having other graphics and text to the left or right can contribute or prevent this from happening.

The reason why it doesn't occur on the red track is because you're likely vector cutting the red outline of track.

Email the picture to your tech support and if they're any good, they'll know exactly what to recommend/send.

Bill Morrison
04-29-2008, 8:23 AM
Thank you, that does make sense. I appreciate the feedback.

Bill