PDA

View Full Version : Tea, Cubed

Raymond Overman
04-28-2008, 10:17 AM
This is the latest in my teapot series. I started this at the Charlotte Woodturner’s club during a demonstration on April 17th and finally finished it this past week. The main body and finial is cherry and the feet and cube is blackwood. The handle was pieced and carved to be part of the body and the feet are seated below the surface. The carved finial twists up to a setting which holds the blackwood cube at the top.

The piece is approximately 7 inches long, 6 inches tall from foot to finial and about 5 inches wide. It is finished with lacquer and hand buffed.

Thanks for taking a look. Comments and Critiques welcome.

John Pennisi
04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I really like the look of this project. I've only been into turning for about a month, but have learned a lot in that time, and really enjoy it. I like the contrast between the colors of the cherry and blackwood, and between the roundness of the pot and sharpness of the cubes.

Burt Alcantara
04-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Ray,
This is a fun and happy piece. I love the whole concept. What would you think if the foot cubes were bigger?

Burt

Jim Becker
04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
That's adorable, Ray!!!! I agree with Burt...it's a very cheerful piece. Wonderful!

Bernie Weishapl
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
That is to cool Raymond. I really like it. Great project.

Steve Schlumpf
04-28-2008, 1:55 PM
Ray - another great fantasy piece! Lot the color and texture contrasts! Very nice - sure to grab lots of attention!

Glenn Hodges
04-28-2008, 2:58 PM
Ray, this will hold water, and I think of it as art. I like the design, wood, color, and the thought you have put into the piece. Thanks for sharring it with us.

Raymond Overman
04-28-2008, 8:43 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. I appreciate the feedback.

David Newson
04-29-2008, 3:44 AM
That's a real inspiring piece Ray - A very pleasing design and the combination of wood colours really set the piece off, my only comment is I think a slightly smaller blackwood cube on top would have made it even more elegant, its still a excellent nonetheless.

Pete Jordan
04-29-2008, 9:39 AM
Very Classy Ray!

I really like the concept!