PDA

View Full Version : BerryBasket Sale

J Porter
04-28-2008, 2:30 AM
Berry Basket is back... sort of... and they are selling what appears to be the majority of their collection at a fire sale price of $29.95 if you download or 49.95 if you want CDs.

You can read about it yourself @ BerryBasket.com, but it appears to be a pretty good deal.

If you opt for the download, be aware that it's a 207MB download.

I probably already have most of their collection, but at this price I couldn't resist having the whole collection. You'll need to be adept at converting their PDFs to vector for use with a laser or just print them out for scrollsaws.

Luke Phillips
04-28-2008, 8:03 AM
That is a pretty good deal; I've used their patterns in the past and pleased with the quality. I attended a scrollsaw show last year and made (in hindsight) the mistake of mentioning my laser business. I thought I was going to be lynched! or at least tar n'feathered. I didn't know how much we are frowned upon by scrollsawyers.

Skip Weiser
04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the tip JP. I just bought the download version. I couldn't resist either.

Most of the patterns will need just a little work in Corel to make them laser ready. The individual page sections need imported and welded/combined together and some layout lines and text deleted, but for the price, quantity and quality of the patterns, it's worth it.

That was funny about the scroll saw folks, Luke. Thanks for the warning, I'll remember that!

Skip

Jack Harper
04-28-2008, 12:00 PM
The way I read the license for these images, you are restricted to "printing" them from you "home" computer and then used only for wood. Am I misreading this?

Steve Eide
04-29-2008, 1:27 PM
You'll need to be adept at converting their PDFs to vector for use with a laser or just print them out for scrollsaws.

Hey J,
Can you confirm that the files are .pdf? I received a reply to an e-mail that I sent to Berry Basket stating that the files are .jpg.
-Thanks, Steve

Skip Weiser
04-29-2008, 3:23 PM
Yes, the actual patterns are in .pdf format.

Skip