PDA

View Full Version : Another Completed Project

Johnny Fischer
04-27-2008, 8:03 PM
Finally finished this kitchen for a customer. And they only paid $85K.
Cabinets are custom made. Ginger glazed maple, garnite tops & new appliances.
I had to end up building the double dutch oven cabinet. Some how it got skipped on the order list, & the customers didn't want to wait another 8 weeks. Dont blame them.
Yes, it is in a country club.

Bob Rufener
04-27-2008, 8:15 PM
Nice looking kitchen. I'm not showing the pics to my wife. Our house cost a little more than half of this kitchen. Don't think I'll be moving soon.

regis helaine
04-27-2008, 8:48 PM
nice kitchen indeed...but i don't really see where the 85k are...there was for structural work?

Johnny Fischer
04-27-2008, 9:18 PM
nice kitchen indeed...but i don't really see where the 85k are...there was for structural work?

Regis,
This is in Sarasota Florida to start. Second the customers spent the following:
Custom cabinets, crown, light rail, island panels, flutes, custom baseboard, etc.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------$50K
Appliances & plumbing -----------------------------------------$20K
Electrical ------------------------------------------------------$3K
Granite Counter Tops ------------------------------------------ $5K
Marble Backsplash & flooring ------------------------------------$3K
Framing -------------------------------------------------------$3K
Misc. others ---------------------------------------------------$1K
TOTAL -$85K

Jim Becker
04-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Regis, when I did my kitchen renovation in 2003, had I used a contractor and bought customer cabinets, it would have easily hit $60K in this area. This was a complete gut to the studs job, although no changes to the full-thickness brick floor. I did the whole thing for $20K including high-end appliances, outside of subbing the drywall (I don't particularly like doing drywall), gas line and soapstone counters. So I'm not at all surprised at the numbers that Johnny is supplying.

Joe Jensen
04-28-2008, 1:47 AM
Still, some amazing numbers, $3k for electical and $3K for framing :eek:

I'd love to get that cabinet job for $50K

Johnny Kleso
04-28-2008, 2:17 AM
Nice Choice of Colors......

Frank McKinney
04-28-2008, 9:19 AM
From what I can see, you did an outstanding job matching the double oven cabinet to the rest of the kitchen.

Thanks for sharing,

Frank

J. Z. Guest
04-28-2008, 9:44 AM
Nice work Johnny. I'm another one who won't be showing this to his wife.

I don't like that dutch oven cabinet, it seems like it wastes space. But if that's what the customer wants...

Lee Schierer
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Nice work on the kitchen. It is amazing how much money you can sink into one. I'm sure you couldn't justify that much cost in my house, but then if you double what we paid for the materials that went into our kitchen to cover part of the labor it would have been much higher.

Mike Gabbay
04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Very nice work!

As for the pricing, I can easily see it costing that much for the other trades. Plumbers and electricians in urdan areas get around $200 - $250/hour for these types of jobs. It's not like you are building a house from scratch.

I'm planning a whole kitchen remodel in the fall so I'll share this with my wife. I can easily justify a few more tools! :)

John Thompson
04-28-2008, 8:31 PM
Nicely done, Johnny. Wish I had a kitchen that large.. wish I had a house as large as the kitchen for that matter. :D

Well done..

Sarge..