PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

Johnny Fischer
04-27-2008, 7:29 PM
Well, it only took 15 days to get here and then another 7 more days to get the correct blades for it, Laguna sent the wrong ones.
Finally got to play with it yesterday and am VERY pleased with it.
Very quiet, not too much louder cutting lumber. May be louder when I shove a 12" - 20" log through it though, will see.
Makes LOT & LOTS & LOTS OF SAW DUST.
Cuts real nice at a steady feed rate.
And to think it only took 2 months to talk the wife into letting me buy it.
Don't believe that for a single minute guys. When I asked my wife if she objected to the purchase I ended up having to bride her w/ $500.00.
All is fair in love & war. :D
And here's the rest of my toy shop.

Christopher Ryan
04-27-2008, 7:37 PM
LOL, toy shop? I do this on a daily basis, and I'd love to have you're toys! :D

My only question is, if she's your wife, did you really need to "bride" her again? (Although $500, seems like a deal! LOL)

Per Swenson
04-27-2008, 7:39 PM
Good for you!

You have everything you need to survive in that garage.

Tools. bosch boom box, and a washer/dryer.

Just build a combo pool table workbench daybed and

ya coulda kept the $500:D

Per

Shane Sura
04-27-2008, 8:00 PM
Nice Shop Johnny look good. Question for you. Where did you get your outfeed rollers? They look manufactured. Also what is right next to them? Looks like a Fridge?

Shane

Johnny Fischer
04-27-2008, 8:07 PM
Nice Shop Johnny look good. Question for you. Where did you get your outfeed rollers? They look manufactured. Also what is right next to them? Looks like a Fridge?

Shane

Extension rollers were ordered through Woodcraft. They stretch out to approx. 60". Current cost is $240.00 per pair but you can get them on sale for $200.00 when advertised.
To answer your next ? thats a trash compactor. I keep the beer out of the shop.
Hey, I still have ten fingers.
The shop is air conditioned.

Peter Quinn
04-27-2008, 9:27 PM
Wow! You bought my dream saw. I used one at local woodcraft in a veneer class and have been busy doing yoga so as to facilitate kicking myself in the but for having bought a 14" PM since then. I was beginning to think no one here at the creek used Laguna's, this being largely Mini Max country by my observation.

What's next? The Laguna Timber Master? Better keep that bride bribing slush fund growing!

Jim Becker
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Congratulations on your new saw, Johnny. Enjoy!

Paul Simmel
04-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Shopfox make those accordion roller tables too. I have two of the 6' stand alones for the band saw infeed and outfeed sides because I do all my ripping on the BS. I am definitely lookling at the extension tables for future use. Not getting them when I had the $$$ It's the one regret I have.

Mike Wilkins
04-28-2008, 9:02 AM
You're gonna love that bandsaw. I have had a LT18 since 2001 and love it. Not a problem with the tool, other than not enough time to use it.
Nice tool selection throughout the shop as well.
Stay safe and watch those fingers.

Jude Tuliszewski
04-28-2008, 5:12 PM
Nice score on the band saw. Like Christmas morning for big kids :D. Well equipped gar….er ahh shop to boot, but what is with the walls :eek:? Ya need to splash some paint on them. White or other light color will make a world of difference with the lighting :). Then some type of coating for the floor and it will transform the way the shop looks.