PDA

View Full Version : I Made It

Tyler Howell
04-27-2008, 5:20 PM
I'm made it.
The house sold on the first showing. I close on May 30,
Been up north about a week now unpacking and getting acclimated.
This is the real first taste of retirement as I haven't had a hard deadline and mission to accomplish.

I unpacked a precious memento that goes on display in the new shop. Brought a tear to my eye.
Here's to you Pesh. Thanks for the memories
It was about 2 years ago that we gathered in La Crosse, WI for a great creeker gathering.http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35196
More updates as the shop goes together.

glenn bradley
04-27-2008, 5:23 PM
I was wondering where you had been. Congrats on the house deal and good luck going forward.

Kurt Strandberg
04-27-2008, 5:34 PM
I can't believe it sold that quick, there are so many for sale.

I know your up in northern Minnesota but I forget where.

Have fun, hope you get unpacked before winter sets in, the way this weather has been I think summer was last weekend:)

Ron Jones near Indy
04-27-2008, 5:39 PM
Sounds like the retirement is going well. I'm happy for you!

Tyler Howell
04-27-2008, 5:40 PM
Hey Kurt,
Up in Grand Marais.
I was shocked by the sale too:eek:, I'm not going to breath until the day after closing though
Got a lot of compliments on fit and finish of the house. I owe that to the coaching of creekers on doing a job right the first time.
Several realtors mentioned they hadn't seen a "complete job" of prep in other houses for sale. That seems to be the key in the really tight market.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2008, 5:45 PM
Congrats Tyler...on selling the house and retirement.

I miss Dale's wit too!

Fred Voorhees
04-27-2008, 6:53 PM
Hey Tyler, great news! I am so darned jealous of you experiencing "real" retirement. :D I will get my turn in five years.....but it seems so darned far away.

Jim Becker
04-27-2008, 7:19 PM
I'm happy that you were able to sell so quickly...very kewel, especially in this kind of market! It will be nice that you can spend all your time making the new place "home" now...rather than tying up loose ends down south.

Matt Meiser
04-27-2008, 7:22 PM
Congratulations Tyler. Almost unbelievable that you got an offer that quick.

Mark Singer
04-27-2008, 8:07 PM
Tyler Thats great , the housing market is not really hot as it has been. Good luck on all the rest.

Dennis Peacock
04-27-2008, 9:36 PM
Congrats to my Nor Bro!!!!!!! One day Tyler....one day...I will get to meet you in person and spend some time yakin' with someone who's been my SMC friend for a long time now. Peace and blessings to you my friend.

Karl Laustrup
04-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Congrats Tyler.

As I said quality sells and I do believe your house was top quality, because you're that kind of guy.

Two years ago in April when we got together in La Crosse. What a great time that was. And what a wonderful reminder of our friend Pesh. I still have my handy shop tool. Thanks bud.

Now I need to start making plans to find my way up there and see the new digs.

Karl

Dave Anderson NH
04-28-2008, 8:51 AM
Primo, Excellente, and Congrats. I'm sure it will be a real load off your mind after the closing papers are signed. Being hung up with 2 places for as long as you have is not anyone's idea of fun. My recommendation my friend is some medication, the kind that comes in a corked bottle and is bubbly.:D

Glenn Clabo
04-28-2008, 9:06 AM
Tyler...
Congrats on the house...and yes here's hoping that it get's done.
Now.... it's a ugly thing (and vision) hanging there, but ah yes Pesh...the wonderful memories.

Al Willits
04-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Great news of course, but gonna miss them mini Creeker gatherings for a burger, maybe after a bit we need a northern Minn gathering ??

Stay in touch, and enjoy. :)

Al

Jim O'Dell
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Great news, Tyler!!. Now you can spend all that extra driving time working in the new shop!. Jim.

Kurt Strandberg
04-28-2008, 8:32 PM
Hey Kurt,
Up in Grand Marais.
I was shocked by the sale too:eek:, I'm not going to breath until the day after closing though
Got a lot of compliments on fit and finish of the house. I owe that to the coaching of creekers on doing a job right the first time.
Several realtors mentioned they hadn't seen a "complete job" of prep in other houses for sale. That seems to be the key in the really tight market.

I have a sister and her husband and my 2 nephews living up there, up the hill off 61 on Coyote Road, she works at the hospital and he is a deputy for the county, we usually ride the Goldwing up there once a summer and camp in the city park on the lake.

It's nice up there but I have to move south when I retire.

Scott Schwake
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey Kurt,
Up in Grand Marais.

Tyler, what a great place to live, enjoy. The Gunflint Trail is very cool, probably my favorite MN destination.

Michael Gibbons
05-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Happened to my wife and I when we sold our condo about 8 years ago. We moved alot of stuff out, got new carpeting after painting and fixing a few things on the recommendation of the realtor and BOOM- the first person that walked through wanted it. Congrats Tyler!!