PDA

View Full Version : PVC molding machine and details

jay vyas
04-27-2008, 4:33 PM
hey guys i wanted to ask that what type of machine do i need and what is the procedure to make a 2d-3d colour pvc soft keychains

James Stokes
04-27-2008, 7:01 PM
This printer may do what you want.

http://www.dimensionprinting.com/

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-27-2008, 8:38 PM
multi color injection machines are not cheap nor are the molds. That one mold (if it's not a paint job) would likely be over a hundred grand.

I'm betting it's a paint job.

jay vyas
04-28-2008, 1:29 AM
thanks for your replys and James Stokes what would be an approximate cost of this machine and is there any other cheaper molding machine which makes such keychains and what sort of material is used in this 3d machine???

jay vyas
04-28-2008, 1:33 PM
thanks for your replys and James Stokes what would be an approximate cost of this machine and is there any other cheaper molding machine which makes such soft pvc keychains and i saw the details of the machine and i liked the machine very much but the problem is that the machine makes only product with abs plastic and there is no details of how the machine makes the products and what time does it consumes for a a piece please explain me if anybodys knows it and i would like to know the machine that makes soft pvc multi colour keychains like this one and what is the procedure involved in colouring it...

jay vyas
05-15-2008, 7:00 AM
hahahahahah not a single reply hahahahahahaha we people are waiting and expecting for a positive reply but not a single reply

Mitchell Andrus
05-15-2008, 8:02 AM
I've seen the Dimension machine demo'd. It is not for mass manufacturing, it's ONLY for prototyping because it's s-l-o-w and expensive to run. It will not make the items on the lanyard as shown.

jay, finding the price and capabilities are easy if you know where to look - start with the link to Dimension, duh. hahahahahahah back atcha. Do your own research.

Making those lanyard pieces is a kitchen-table (plus a home oven) operation with open molds (dental stone or sim.) and X number of color ink stamps (or screen printing if you can invest in the screens). Careful registration of the colors is the key. When we were kids, my sister had a toy that made these, similar to Creepy-Crawlers. Search for low temp vulcanizing polimers.

jay vyas
05-16-2008, 7:36 AM
thanks for your reply mitchell,

i would like to know the machine that makes soft pvc multi colour keychains like this one and what is the procedure involved in colouring it...

Rob Russell
05-16-2008, 8:56 AM
Jay,

If you haven't gotten many responses to your question, it's probably because you're asking questions about something that's very far away from what most people on this forum have experience with.

I'd politely suggest doing some research yourself instead of waiting for other people to do it for you and then posting a "we're waiting" when you didn't get many responses.

Rob

Matt Meiser
05-16-2008, 9:41 AM
I doubt theres too many people left in the English-speaking world who do mass production of that sort of item. That's the domain of the Chinese.

jay vyas
05-16-2008, 9:51 AM
fine fine take a chill pill...:)

Jim Becker
05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Jay, I believe that folks have tried to help you to the best of their ability. This is a woodworking forum and although our community has folks from almost every industry, it appears that plastics is not represented in depth. I will say that I have a very good friend in that industry and he'd likely echo the responses so far...molding is a big volume business and the machinery and setup costs are very large. It's also very competitive these days with most of the business moving to the far east.

A Google search using "forum + injection molding" brings up a number of potential resources you might find more useful than SMC for your particular interest.

To avoid this bouncing back and forth, I'm closing this thread to further posting.

Jim
SMC Moderator