Mitchell Andrus
04-27-2008, 8:12 AM
'nuff said.

Jim Becker
04-27-2008, 9:10 AM
Television? What's that?

Curt Harms
04-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I'd be lost without the ability to record the stuff I consider worth watching-usually from one of the Discovery network channels or A&E. As far as local channels, local news is about it. SWMBO enjoys some of the offerings such as Dancing with the Stars. She also enjoys Extreme Makeover home edition, I can't stand it.

Curt

Tom Veatch
04-27-2008, 12:52 PM
I honestly do not remember the last time I sat down in front of a television - except to watch a DVD movie. No cable/satellite, it'd be a complete waste of money. Have one of the $40 coupons for a converter for the digital signals that have been mandated by big brother, but am wondering whether or not to go to the trouble of getting one. Probably will since the wife occasionally watches the local news/weather.

Mitchell Andrus
04-27-2008, 1:14 PM
DVR.... I 'tape' about 10 shows...that's it. I love time shifting.

I do need down-time and zipping through an hour show in 40 minutes is just what I need at times.

Anyone remember getting up and crossing the room to see what was on one of the other 6 channels?

glenn bradley
04-27-2008, 1:16 PM
I haven't had TV service for years. I get more done and I don't have to buy larger pants.

Joe Pelonio
04-27-2008, 1:54 PM
DVR.... I 'tape' about 10 shows...that's it. I love time shifting.

I do need down-time and zipping through an hour show in 40 minutes is just what I need at times.

Anyone remember getting up and crossing the room to see what was on one of the other 6 channels?
Same here, we have some favorites but dislike spending all that time watching commercials. Usually we'll be reading or something else while watching. I enjoy a good baseball or football game live but not much else. Right now I have the TV on while working in the shop, in a few minutes will be one of my favorites "Mythbusters."

Chris Padilla
04-27-2008, 4:56 PM
DVR, 'nuff said. :)

Fred Voorhees
04-27-2008, 6:55 PM
Same here, we have some favorites but dislike spending all that time watching commercials. Usually we'll be reading or something else while watching. I enjoy a good baseball or football game live but not much else. Right now I have the TV on while working in the shop, in a few minutes will be one of my favorites "Mythbusters."

Ah yes.....Mythbusters...one of my fav's also. IT'S SODA! Survivor, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs and of course, NYW and WW's make up my usually watched shows.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-27-2008, 8:36 PM
Iris Dement singing "Our Town" That was worth the time to watch.
I saw that on the arts channel once some years back it was totally by accident.

John Shuk
04-27-2008, 8:48 PM
Nuther vote for the DVR

Tim Byars
04-29-2008, 2:45 AM
Funny how appropriate the "needle in the haystack" idea seems to be for tv viewing...but some of the needles are pretty good. I've thought about a little HD tv just so I can get the full benefit of Deadliest Catch.

Doug Shepard
04-29-2008, 5:38 AM
I haven't had TV service for years. I get more done and I don't have to buy larger pants.

Larger pants? Room for doing the TV watching, hand down the front of the pants ManThing?:confused::D

Art Mulder
04-29-2008, 7:23 AM
No Cable. No Satellite. And I rarely have any idea what is broadcast 'on air'.

A couple weekends ago, I was at my F-I-Law's place and flipping through the channels of his satellite receiver, and I found myself sharing Mitchell's opinions exactly. I even looked up the channel guide online so I could do a search, as scrolling back and forth through 500 channels 5 at a time was nuts. I did a search... No NYW, no TOH... Fortunately Holmes on Homes was at least on that Sunday morning. (stuck home with a sick kid while the others were at church.) So much for the "wonderful" universe of satellite tv.

Our ownTV is mostly used for movies that we (or the kids) pick up from the LIbrary.

However, I confess that a friend has gotten us hooked on "Lost". We're about 1/3 of the way through season 2 (on DVD) at this time... :eek:

Mitchell Andrus
04-29-2008, 8:07 AM
Funny how appropriate the "needle in the haystack" idea seems to be for tv viewing...but some of the needles are pretty good. I've thought about a little HD tv just so I can get the full benefit of Deadliest Catch.

Not 'little DH TV' - ya gotta go for the gusto... 52" LCD and a Blu Ray player, Bose sound and HD Fios. Makes the 2 or so hours I'm able to plop down at night well worth while.

My son works PT at Blockbuster. He gets up to 5 movies a week for free and new releases as soon as they hit the store - before they go on the shelf. Wheeeeeee!

Amy Leigh Baker
04-29-2008, 8:54 AM

Yay Mythbusters!!! I consider myself to have the sense of humor of Adam. Sarcastic with the ability to mock oneself. I can relate.

Never had the DVR. Never even thought about it. Although, I have the unique ability to watch the same movies thousands of times over and over.

Surely we have some Seinfeld fans here? I went to my WW shop... yada yada... now I have a chair.