PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a fastener

Tim Morton
04-26-2008, 1:18 PM
;)

If anyone knows where I can buy something like this let me know.

Mike SoRelle
04-26-2008, 5:23 PM
I'm having deja vu, did you post that over at avs forum? or is that just where you got the pictures?

I think the ones you posted are specific to a particular subwoofer manufacturer, I've not found any other socket head screws with that deep/tall a head

James Stokes
04-26-2008, 6:44 PM
try fastenall.com

David Tiell
04-26-2008, 6:59 PM
try fastenall.com
Actually, its only one "l". fastenal.com, and I think they are one of your best bets. I haven't run across anything they can't get yet.

Tim Morton
04-26-2008, 8:15 PM
I'm having deja vu, did you post that over at avs forum? or is that just where you got the pictures?

I think the ones you posted are specific to a particular subwoofer manufacturer, I've not found any other socket head screws with that deep/tall a head

Not me, but someone did:eek:

I was just trying to help them out...

Jamie Buxton
04-26-2008, 9:31 PM
Maybe these Dubro socket-head sheet metal screws?

http://www.centralhobbies.com/building_materials/fasteners/fastnr.htm

The OP's photo seems to show a deep head. I can't tell if the Dubro ones are like that. However, it would be easy to put a stack of washers under the head of the Dubro, or you can get little spacers which would do the same job.

David DeCristoforo
04-26-2008, 9:49 PM
Sure does look like a "special" screw. I've never seen one just like it. What, if I may ask, do you need them for? The "Dubro" socket screws look "similar" but not "the same". Now you got my curiosity peaked.....

Paul Marsh
04-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Looks alot like a Rockford Fosgate T1 Subwoofer screw to me... I might have a few laying around.. if I can find any, how many do you need?

Tim Morton
04-27-2008, 5:58 AM
Sure does look like a "special" screw. I've never seen one just like it. What, if I may ask, do you need them for? The "Dubro" socket screws look "similar" but not "the same". Now you got my curiosity peaked.....

the Dubro "looks" like it would be similar, but its not big enough. Its used to mount a fairly large subwoofer to a box. It doesn't need to be a perfect match. Its just a real clean solution and it its that particular basket real well. The company that used to carry them (TC Sounds) is no longer in business.

Tim Morton
04-27-2008, 5:59 AM
Looks alot like a Rockford Fosgate T1 Subwoofer screw to me... I might have a few laying around.. if I can find any, how many do you need?

thanks Paul...I'm looking for a source more than I am looking for a few. I will search around and see if RF sells them direct.

David DeCristoforo
04-27-2008, 12:17 PM
"...see if RF sells them direct..."

That would be my next stop. It's quite possible they would be able to provide either the screws or a source....

Jamie Buxton
04-27-2008, 1:21 PM
the Dubro "looks" like it would be similar, but its not big enough. Its used to mount a fairly large subwoofer to a box. It doesn't need to be a perfect match. Its just a real clean solution and it its that particular basket real well. The company that used to carry them (TC Sounds) is no longer in business.

You can buy them in #8. That should be big enough to hold a woofer.