PDA

View Full Version : offset text

Bill Morrison
04-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Tried 2 or 3 fonts but kept getting the same results, top half of text was offset from the bottom. reinstalled driver, converted text to curves and wept but nothing worked. Anybody else run into this. The font size was 12 & 14 if that makes a difference. I've not had this problem before.

Thanks
Bill

mike klein
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Looks identical to the same thing that was happening to me about a year ago. On my machine, Pinnacle, it turned out tobe the roller bearings were wore down and throwing the head out alignment. I replaced all the rollers in the machine and now watch my cleaning maintenance and have never had the problem since.

Mike

Peck Sidara
04-26-2008, 1:09 PM
Looks like mechanics (belts, cog, bearings etc.). Also could be x-motor.

It's definitely not the font/driver or PC related.

What machine do you have?

George Elston
04-26-2008, 1:13 PM
Drives are the answer, belts or whatever. Had the same problem with my ULS and turned out to be a loose drive belt, retensioned and the problem went away.

Bill Morrison
04-26-2008, 2:25 PM
I've got a 30W pinnacle accuris peck but sort of wish I would have gotten that wood burning kit my wife wanted me to get.
Mike, where did you get bearings for yours?

thanks everyone, I think I will start with checking the drive belt first. That's the cheapest thing to start with. Thanks George.

Tech support at signwarehouse has been good but it would be even better if I didn't have to call. Too many things coming loose. Just got a shopbot in so I'm pushing the laser aside and am going to see if I can make some sawdust for awhile.

Bill

Bill Morrison
04-26-2008, 2:39 PM
George, I checked the belts and the x-axis belt is really loose. I'm not going to get enthused about the 'bot cause my wife set in a chair in the carport wrapped up in a blanket wearing a shopbot hat so I think she is going to claim it.

Got my fingers crossed that it is just the loose belt but I would still like to see where to get some bearings for it.
Thanks
Bill

Peck Sidara
04-26-2008, 2:42 PM
It's probably not the belt but rather the belt tension or x-motor pulley. As the engraving head changes stroke, somsings slipping.

Clean the x-motor pulley, tighten the set-screw that holds the pulley to the shaft of the x-motor.

Tighten up the x-axis belt tension.

Not familiar with the mechanics of this brand but I'm pretty sure the above applies.

GL Bill.

Kevin Huffman
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Hello Bill,

When you go to File/Print/Properties, on the Job tab, under the engrave type.
Do you have the ends set to normal or fine? They should be set to Fine.
This should correct this issue.

If your driver does not have this option,you have an older driver. You will need to download/install the newest version. It can be found at click here (http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=388).

Let me know if you need any further assistance or if this doesn't fix the issue.