PDA

View Full Version : Trend Airshield--Talking and Listening-able?

Chris Yarish
04-26-2008, 11:12 AM
I am looking to purchase some sort of personal air filtration system like the Trend, the resp-o-rator, or the Triton.
Cost is a factor, but it is secondary. What I give primacy to is the ability to talk and be heard while talking.
I am in a dusty environment for about 6 hours per day, needing face/eye protection for about half that.

With the Trend or the Triton, I would hope that I could talk to someone without lifting up the visor. With the Resp-o-Rator, I would need to remove the mouthpiece and then speak with my nose plugged...so in all seriousness, it comes down to the Trend and the Triton....so long as I could still comunicate relatively effectively.

Can owners and users of the systems mentioned please let me know what communication is like with these shields?

Bob Hallowell
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
I have the trend and I can hear and talk, plus it is easy to lift your face mask. As antoher bonus you can buy some standard l-ion recargable batteries and build some packs. ( there is a tutorial) And I get a good 10-12 hours with one on each side.

Bob

Dennis Peacock
04-26-2008, 1:04 PM
I have the Trend and can talk/listen just fine as well as necessary face protection.

Bruce Pennell
04-26-2008, 2:16 PM
Just got my Trend pro 3 weeks ago, great balance,weight easy to talk and listen (have the cd player on all the time). Bought mine through evirosafteyproducts (http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/trend-airshield-pro.html)
Great service (here in two days) and price.

Chris Yarish
04-26-2008, 7:16 PM
Just got my Trend pro 3 weeks ago, great balance,weight easy to talk and listen (have the cd player on all the time). Bought mine through evirosafteyproducts (http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/trend-airshield-pro.html)
Great service (here in two days) and price.

I see you linked me to the $360+ dollar Air Shield Pro.
There is also a $239 dollar version.
What is the difference between the two? They seem to offer similar protection and bells and whistles, except the Pro offers a longer battery life.

Bob Slater
04-27-2008, 7:30 AM
Just curious how this differs from wearing a filter mask ? Is it a comfort thing?

Bob Hallowell
04-27-2008, 8:15 AM
Bob I am not sure what the difference of the pro is, I use mine for turning and love it- Yes it is very comfortable plus but like I said before I spent $40 and have 10-12 hrs of battery life.

Chris Yarish
04-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Just curious how this differs from wearing a filter mask ? Is it a comfort thing?

A few years back I broke my nose and still have a small chip that, if constant pressure is applied, breaks through the skin. At minimum it gets very irritated. I opted against plastic surgery because it's not a visible thing, but when a respirator goes over my nose, it hits in just the wrong place.

I am looking for something that I can carry on conversations and not sound like Darth Vader, or have to remove and be exposed just to say something to someone.

Jim Becker
04-27-2008, 11:44 AM
There is some level of noise from the air system in the Trend, but I don't find it to be debilitating, even given I only have one ear that functions well.

George Cooke
04-27-2008, 12:08 PM
OK...New guy here;)...I have the Triton air face shield & to date I am rather happy with it..Any comments for this style or user experiences?

Dick Latshaw
04-27-2008, 12:15 PM
I have the Triton air face shield & to date I am rather happy with it..Any comments for this style or user experiences?

One advantage, to me, of the Trend is the fact that everything is in the hat - nothing running down to the belt to catch on things.