PDA

View Full Version : a dolly to transport my 3.5 versa

Cal Hultgren
04-26-2008, 3:17 AM
I plan to transport my versalaser (36"x25") to do onsite work (offices, malls, etc.). Any ideas on what would be a good dolly/cart to do this?

George Elston
04-26-2008, 10:58 AM
I have a ULS versalaser and I bought a dolly at lowes for about a hundred bucks that does a great job. It's the one with the securing strap and the stair rollers (it's made for refrigerators and large appliances. The laser unit is not so bad to move, but I assume since you will be doing on site work that you have the filter cart, and it is a bear, with the dolly no problem. It's the "Gleason Appliance Hand Truck" if you don't have a Lowes they have it a other stores. It's expensive but your back is worth it. We had our shop on the third floor for a while and moving the laser was not a problem. A little wood work will build a ramp for your van or truck and your in business. Hint--- move the laser unit first then the filter cart, leave the filter cart on the dolly to move to site.

Mike Null
04-26-2008, 12:41 PM
I recall that Roy Brewer had a neat gadget that was something like a gurney the EMT's use. You roll it out of the van and the legs unfold making a rolling table.

You can contact him. roy@engravingconcepts.com

Cal Hultgren
04-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks George and Mike! I don't have a Lowes around but I will check Rona or Home Depot (Calgary, Alberta). Mike, I think the dolly your are thinking about is found here (http://www.fernosalesmaker.com/). I looked at those. Our rep uses one but I was thinking of something lower to the ground.

Mike Null
04-30-2008, 1:24 PM
Cal

Those are the ones.