PDA

View Full Version : forum

Wally Wenzel
04-25-2008, 6:32 PM
what happened to the "wood workers friend forum" or isn't it allowed to ask here? Wally

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2008, 7:34 PM
IIRC Walley.....I heard at a different forum that the commercial server that was hosting that site crashed. They said it would probably be a couple of weeks before it was back online.

Bob Hamilton
04-25-2008, 8:07 PM
Hi, Wally:
The problem turned out to be that the site was moved to another server on the same host a couple of years ago, and everyone was apparently supposed to update their bookmarks at that time. Many of us, myself included, did not update their bookmarks. The host had been forwarding the old bookmark to the new address all this time but stopped doing that a couple of weeks ago, so anyone using the old bookmark was suddenly arriving at the host's home page rather than the woodworking friends forum. If you do a google search for woodworking friends it will take you to the forum and you can update your bookmark.

Take care
Bob

Richard Madison
04-25-2008, 9:32 PM
Whatsa bookmark?

Brodie Brickey
04-26-2008, 1:46 AM
Whatsa bookmark?

In Internet Explorer its known as a favorite.

Richard Madison
04-26-2008, 9:31 PM
Thanks Brodie! Have a long list of those, including several turning forums. Guess it would just be too simple to call them "favorites".

Bob Hamilton
04-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Most browsers other than Internet Explorer call them bookmarks. I guess if you have never used anything other than IE you might not find it self-explanatory.