PDA

View Full Version : Sears band saw need help on motor and speed

Andy Watts
04-25-2008, 3:33 PM
I acquired a nice but older Craftsman 12" bandsaw (113.24290), about 6-7" resaw capacity, but the motor and motor pulley are missing:(. What HP motor would you recommend? - I'm thinking maybe 1/2 or 3/4. And what SFPM speed should the blade be running?

I found this formula for SFPM - Motor RPM multiplied by the Motor pulley diameter divided by the Driven pulley diameter times the Bandsaw wheel diameter times pi (3.1416) divided by 12 = S.F.P.M. (I would assume the band saw wheel diameter is in inches because the formula divides by 12, thus giving feet per minute.)

Gary Lange
04-25-2008, 6:14 PM
This should be the information that you need.

http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=7202

Paul Williams
04-25-2008, 6:27 PM
Andy, I have the same saw. Bought it new many years ago. I am sure I have the owner's manual at home. I am on the road right now, but will be home next week. If you haven't received the info you need by then, let me know and I will find the manual and copy for you.

Andy Watts
04-25-2008, 6:32 PM
Andy, I have the same saw. Bought it new many years ago. I am sure I have the owner's manual at home. I am on the road right now, but will be home next week. If you haven't received the info you need by then, let me know and I will find the manual and copy for you.

Thanks Paul, I would love to have a copy of the manual.